Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction ...

Kyle Nicholas Ford
@kyle-nicholas-ford
13 years ago
8 posts
So , ive been wanting dreadlocks ever since about the 8th grade ( I'm in 11th now ) unfortunaly in 8th grade i had long hair haha , my hair is roughly 3 to 3 1/2 inches long , ive been told you cant have dread locks blah blah , but i started over the weekend i backcombed and had rubber bands in the roots and tips ( they stuck out straight haha ) and i decided to go to school , well apparently they were distracting students , and i was told to take the rubber bands out , now my hair just looks like crap , so im gunna wait until this summer when ill start a time line of them and stuff , just wanted any advice , by the way i dont plan on using wax either ,
updated by @kyle-nicholas-ford: 01/13/15 08:59:30PM
Kyle Nicholas Ford
@kyle-nicholas-ford
13 years ago
8 posts
now when you say seperate , what do you mean specifically ? and is it bad to "twist and rip " cause thats all i do in class lol and by the end of the day they come out , i just hope if i decide to go natural that doin that it wont affect them

fancyAmanda said:
No need to wait until summer, you've already started the process. Go natural, just leave em be, wash and separate. Enjoy the dreading journey :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i agree just let thiose fall apart and go natural if they dare say anything tell em you cant afford a comb so you cant comb it

if thetyy dare buy you 1 lose it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle Nicholas Ford
@kyle-nicholas-ford
13 years ago
8 posts
and thanks Biz

Biz said:

Well hello and welcome!

Rubber bands are pretty damaging for hair anyways, so it's probably a good thing that they made you take them out. Check out the "Dreading Methods" and "Dreaducation" links at the top. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you that the school won't deem as "distracting."

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr and backcomb will probly fall out till u get at least 1-2 more inches

doing it over and overs not such as great idea

seperate means pul em away from eachother releasing connefcting hairs si they dont become 1 dread

--
Kyle Nicholas Ford
@kyle-nicholas-ford
13 years ago
8 posts
well , it seems a little difficult to seperate my hair , seeing how its curly , and i've been told use rubber bands , dont use rubber bands , use them , dont use them , do you know whats good and bad about the whole rubber band thing ? and if i were to use them , where the tips or roots?

soaringeagle said:

tnr and backcomb will probly fall out till u get at least 1-2 more inches

doing it over and overs not such as great idea

seperate means pul em away from eachother releasing connefcting hairs si they dont become 1 dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

rubber bands can begin to melt or dry rot within a week or so turning into as sticky goopy mess

the hairs toen to dread around them so they get lost inside the dread..where they melt or dry rot

within days removing them unknots knots

they can leave indentations

make a weak point

the biggest prob is they can disapear inside the dread impossible to remove

just dont use em..ever

--
Kyle Nicholas Ford
@kyle-nicholas-ford
13 years ago
8 posts
alright thanks! i wont use them that sounds pretty logical , now that i think about it

soaringeagle said:

rubber bands can begin to melt or dry rot within a week or so turning into as sticky goopy mess

the hairs toen to dread around them so they get lost inside the dread..where they melt or dry rot

within days removing them unknots knots

they can leave indentations

make a weak point

the biggest prob is they can disapear inside the dread impossible to remove

just dont use em..ever

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

most stuff about dreadiings pretty logical

like dont poke holes in them if u want them strong

if residues are bad wax is the worse residue there is

dreads loop while dreading so loops in dreads dont need fixing

alotta ppl like to believe in magical fixes so dont bother thinking bout things too logicly

--
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

Welcome to the site!

I am sorry to hear about your problems with the school, if you go to a private school, then sadly you will have to listen.

public schools are a different story however. We actually have a forum on here that talks about that. Maybe it will be of assistance if you have interest in continuing your lock journey and want to bring the issue up to the school.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form