Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Pann
@pann
13 years ago
16 posts

My mom has not been fond of the idea of me getting locks. She blatently said so, then started calling me a few derogatory terms. Later she apologized, telling me that she was sorry for saying the things she had and that she still loved me.

This was a week ago.

Today I came into town to see her and we had a pretty okay afternoon. At least until it was about time to go. She started in on my hair again. I was patient and listened to her say her bit about how wrong it was, about how I was going to be looked down on, and how everyone would think I was either a hooker or a junkie and I would never get a job. I then began to respond to her and explain my side. This didn't happen and soon an argument broke out. Me begging her to listen and her telling me to get rid of them or she'd rip 'em out herself.

This all ended with her saying that, "until you got rid of those nasty locks, I don't want to see your nasty face."

My mother is a...unique individual, so I know that this won't last. But still, it really hurts, and is something that gives me second thoughts on what I am doing.

I guess I just feel like I am between a rock and a hard place, and was wondering if anyone else has every had to put up with this kind of insanity and how the hell they lived through it.

updated by @pann: 01/13/15 08:59:30PM
jennifer duckie arellano
@jennifer-duckie-arellano
13 years ago
5 posts
my creators do these things to , also my little brother, they say my hair looks like a rats nest and what not , they say my hair looks horrible they always tease me about looking dirty but honestly, who cares?.......i kno i certainly dont people are always going to have ther own opinions and we haiv our own too, if ur happy with ur locks, tthen y shud anything else matter, what matters is your happines first, sure it sucks that they tease but if ur happy the way u r then thats aall tha matters hun. i know thats how i feel, i just put up with it and now people dont complain to me as much, cuz ma dreads look bad ass now and they know it.................much love girl, keep strong dnt giv in-duckie:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

hen i 1st started dreading i got the i dont want to be seen with you its embarrassing thing

then that was followed by 15 yeasrs of not 1 conversation that didnt involve cutting my hair, or not 1 time i didnt glance my m=ms way just to have her make scissor motions with her fingers..but then

we were oit xmass shopping

dozens of ppl came up to say nice dreads..ok this she could dissmiss being mostly younger kids

then a couple older ladies ..grey hairded..conservative..came up saying they were the most beautiful hair they ever saqw wanting to touch em..

from that momment on i have not heard a word from my mom

moms can be selfish..more worried about how they look as a parent then how happy you are

shes probly thinking what will the other moms thing if i have a child that looks like this

but when she sees u being admired and respected her tune will change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form