Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads wont lay down...

Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
my hair is about 8 weeks now and it sticks everywhere like a spider. Is there anything I can do to get it to lay nicely like it did when i first got it coiled ? I uploaded a picture so you all could see what I'm talking about. Ugh..help...
updated by @sampson: 02/14/15 03:50:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
what have u used in it that maybe made em stiff any wax or gels that harden other then that wash em often toss on a hat or scarf to smoosh em down..and give em time they gotta settle in and dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
I used the jamaican mango and Lime locking gel in it. The dreads are actually not hard...they just refuse to lay back and lay down. they lay every other direction though...smh
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
dont bother using the gell unless u need moisture

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts

I had the same issue for a while mate. Just give them a little time. Mine settled after a few weeks. I had one dread that stuck up for quite a while giving me the alfalfa look haha. It will all settle down soon enough. I do agree with SE though, can the gel. I used wax for a couple of weeks and it did nothing good to my hair. The dreads started to improve once I just let them be.

Peace

Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
ugh yeh. ok. I really wish I hadnt started mine with the latching aka rootflipping method. I wish I had had someone knowledgeable to help me from the beginning. This ugly stage is a mess too. I'm ready for it to be over fa real...
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
Dreadlocks are a great teacher of patience. Sick with it mate! You're still in the early stages, if you're really unhappy you can start over. But that's a big process. They will come together nicely with time!
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
haha I appreciate it. Everyone keeps telling me that. I guess I feel like I'm going down a dark road hoping itll end where I want it to. I started Feb 8th so HECK no im not starting over. The next start over will be a cut and give up...lol
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
Hahaha, yeah mate, I know how you feel. I went overboard with the crochet hook in my early stages... my hair is still recovering. Plenty of loose hairs everywhere. But that's a part of the journey! :)
Sampson
@sampson
13 years ago
18 posts
You know what man..you are alright with me...
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form