Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Maintenance Occurance - Honest Usage on this Site

Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Just my curiosity, after browsing members' pictures...who on here really truly uses NO maintenance other than washing and separating?
updated by @medusa: 02/14/15 03:49:11AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Me too
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
I don't think beads count. I am at almost five months from backcombing, and have lots of great locking going on. I have what looks like to me more fuzz and loose hair than lots of folks in similar stages, and just wondered if there is more maintenance going on than what gets talked about, know what I mean?
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts

ME!!!! But in the first two years I tried crocetting and tucking loose hairs in.. but personally now, I love the messy look and I embrace anything my hair wants to do. :)

Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
13 years ago
53 posts
I don't have locks yet but I'm a month and a half into neglect. :-)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Me! I do twist sometimes but not as maintenance and as soon as i catch myself I try to stop >.<
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
13 years ago
38 posts
Me as well! I didn't have a choice when it came to dreading, my little hairs did it themselves!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

if you used wax or any harsher methods in the beginning it can take a little while to catch up in the maturity of your dreads. :o)

Medusa said:

I don't think beads count. I am at almost five months from backcombing, and have lots of great locking going on. I have what looks like to me more fuzz and loose hair than lots of folks in similar stages, and just wondered if there is more maintenance going on than what gets talked about, know what I mean?
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

It depends what your definition of what maintenance is I suppose. Everyone has their own idea about that. Maintenance to me is just keeping an eye on them, knowing when they want to be washed, drying them well and knowing when they require a bit of oil to be added to the soda or vinegar solution.I also sleep on a woolen jumper which could be called maintenance I suppose because the aim is to keep them looking their best..although it is being done with natural methods, it is still maintenance.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont even seperate but i do alter my wash recipie to fit conditions add sea salt when theyre real fuzzzy add oils when real dry i try to keep them soft and flowinmg with a moderate amount of frizzand fuzz but when its crazy i add salt to tighten em up and get baby dreads started

other then how i mix my wash recipie i dont do a thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form