Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just curious!

jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
13 years ago
37 posts
i hope this isn't a stupid question, but i was wondering if dreads get heavy when they get really long.especially the real thick ones. I'm just curious lol they seem like they would be kinda heavy, especially when they're wet.
updated by @jessica-acosta: 01/13/15 08:58:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wet,..yes..waxy yes..dirty..yes

clean well they feel really light and comfy unless you tie em all up on top of your head ..but off ballance..if all the weights hanging high and off to 1 su=ude it can give u a stiff neck

or if theyre tied high but loose so..flop aropund.. that can really make u dfeel some weight

but when theyre down under normal circumstances i cant feel any weight at all but i keep mine clean and light and soft

when theyre covedred in mud for days i guess i can feel likl weight but still not bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
13 years ago
37 posts
lolthanks :) i can't wait until mine are long enough to tie up and just do crazy stuff. glad to hear they won't be real heavy!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
13 years ago
154 posts

well ive had my hair for almost 5 yrs and they are about 5 inches above my butcrack long. i know tmi right. well i have a mix of thick and thin dreads. when i wash my hair though dude sometimes i could swear they feel like there about 30 lbs. just like a shit load of long sponges ya know. then it takes like 2 days to dry but i wouldnt shange them for the world. when their dry though they feel like their maybe 2 lbs but like i said their not short and my hair of course is alot thicker then it ever was before. despite the weight i love em so much that i would never cut them off

jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
13 years ago
37 posts
:) that's exactly how i feel. even though mine are still young and pretty short, i would never go back on my decision to dread. i seriously cannot wait until mine get as long as yours!

hippie mama said:

well ive had my hair for almost 5 yrs and they are about 5 inches above my butcrack long. i know tmi right. well i have a mix of thick and thin dreads. when i wash my hair though dude sometimes i could swear they feel like there about 30 lbs. just like a shit load of long sponges ya know. then it takes like 2 days to dry but i wouldnt shange them for the world. when their dry though they feel like their maybe 2 lbs but like i said their not short and my hair of course is alot thicker then it ever was before. despite the weight i love em so much that i would never cut them off

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
i was actually wondering about this myself cause when my hair used to get long when i'd throw it up in a pony/bun i'd get headaches from the weight and was really hoping that won't happen with dreads!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form