Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Scratching!

Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts

So my dreads are about three weeks old done with the backcombing method. My question is

"Is it okay to scratch your head when itchy with new dreads?"I heard when you scratch your head with new dreads you takehairs out of the roots and body of dreads creating a lot more loose hairs.

Thank you to all who answer

updated by @elikai-buhay: 02/14/15 06:14:56AM
Sam thomson
@sam-thomson
13 years ago
52 posts
Try patting your head if you.think scratching to be damaging, I personal scratch and pat I don't really worry if I have loose hairs
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

scratch but wash it idf it itches

theres nothing wrong witch scratching but washing itchy dreads is better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
13 years ago
154 posts
patting works and the good news is once u have them for awhile they dont itch any more ive had mine for almost 5 years now and when mine get itchy i scratch them but i remember when i first started i itched like fucking crazy man. tea tree oil helps u can get anti itchstuff in the ethnic hair care isle. just becareful cuz too much tea tree could give you flakes and what not but id say itch away. cuz i backcombed and nothing keeps them absolutly perfect plus if they do fall apart <wich if you backcomb youll realize they take alot of maintenance that way> you can always touch up and/or fix
princenoobsauce
@princenoobsauce
13 years ago
56 posts
this is making me itch lol. i dont think a little scratchy will hurt anything,
Miguel
@miguel
13 years ago
6 posts
I use the palm of my hand to scratch itches
Elikai Buhay
@elikai-buhay
13 years ago
6 posts

Nice info totally just going to scratch my head and when itches go over the top just going to take a nice shower.

Thanks for the help :)

megan dowsey-towle
@megan-dowsey-towle
13 years ago
4 posts
Funny I'm seeing this, my head has been itchy like crazy from the dryness of this winter..I was trying to think just yesterday of what it was I used to use to sooth it in the past...truly a good wash always helps, yet with dry weather it only returns & too many washes makes it worse. I scratch away & dont worry much about breaking anything, it's the scalp that itches & my dreads areseparatedenough and strong enough that ive never worried about breakage. I wish I could recall what it is I have used...tea tree I have used & love (though my 2yr old recently dumped 2 bottles of it ALL out :(, yet as someone previously stated tea tree will end up drying if used too often. Maybe it was a comfrey salve I used. I have a HORRIBLE memory, lol!
Miguel
@miguel
13 years ago
6 posts
Also Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap helps those itches.
megan dowsey-towle
@megan-dowsey-towle
13 years ago
4 posts
Indeed it does, it is very soothing...tis' my fav. & only head/hair (and everything else, lol) cleanser :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form