dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

In Recovery from Wax

BLK
@blk
13 years ago
6 posts

Hey friends!

I got my dreads made in June, with a ton of wax. I had no friends with dreads, so I had no idea how bad wax could be. By September I realized I had to get the wax out. I was spending way too much time with 'upkeep' which is quite contrary to the whole dread-mantra. I did a hot water/bs rinse a couple of times and thought I had tackled the wax.

Anyways, I hadn't. My dreads kept shrinking, but making themselves into bizarre clumps and blobs. Not natural at all. Last week I started combing some of the worst ones out, to find SO MUCH WAX on the inside... and grunge. haha. Sick. So I've been combing out, gently, as if nurturing an injured puppy. I've redone those ones with the twist and rip method. Should I use aloe to help them tighten? Because as of right now those ones are loose and VERY VERY FUZZY. What should I expect to see in a real, natural, good dread done by twist n'rip?!

When can I condition my hair?

Any advice or encouragement because some days I love em' and other days I hate them.

updated by @blk: 01/13/15 08:58:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they are perfect they should be loose and fuzzy awhile

it will take time to dread from hrre just wash and seperaate as needed post a timeline and as long as theres no wax in enm they will dread fine

expect loops ..loops are good

expect looseness and fuzziness for awhile

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
BLK
@blk
13 years ago
6 posts
Thanks SoaringEagle! Did you check the photo though? I'm worried that they might be so damaged they won't dread. It's only been a week though so I have no idea. I just don't want to keep combing out and re-dreading if it won't work. Goodnight! <3
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it will work use twist and rip not backcomb so your not adding more damage and just give it time

you'll see they dread up nicely

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

although it would vbe best to alow a recovery period twist and rip does lil to no dammage unless your doing it extremely wrong so theres no problem doing it right away its not gonna add to the damage mudch if at all just not letting them recover from the comb out 1st wich really combing or backcombing dammage cant be fixed anyway all the w2 weeks would alow is some treatment with something like jojba to strengthen..and give the scalp a break from pulling on it

it is recomended to wait and treat with jojoba or something

but

its not gonna do more harm to do tnr

the harms been done by backcombing and combing and not gonna be able to fix that

--
BLK
@blk
13 years ago
6 posts

Thank you Knottysleeves!

I will follow your suggestions! AND I think someday when I have money after tree-planting I will buy one of your beautiful dread-sleeves! You're so talented!

I am excited by this next phase of my dreads. I came to a crux where I knew that I could leave the waxy dreads as they were, but their overall health and development would be stunted, or I could take the time to fix the problem I created.

What a love journey.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

knotty you awqre way off as usiual the mechanics of tnr does do no dammage and the icdea that they have to be dammaged to stay put is a complete joke as usual your arguments make no sense

how can natural knots stay in then ? hmm? ogh yea u believe natural dreads are damagedx too dont you

you simply refuse to admit that baxckcombing is more dammaging then other methoids so insist all methods have to be just as dammaging well you are wrong wrong wroing

tnr is very ge3ntle nothing about it would cause damage unless your pulling way way too hard

and they would hold togerther just as well withoutrf damage

braidding is just ads damaging as tnr its the same mechanics braids hold togerther but tnr holds together better cause its not 3 strands its total randomness which makes unknotting far harder to dio

why do u insist on making nonsense arguments?

how is braiding going to do much harm?

yes its a good idea to wait but tnr wuill not add any harm at all if done properly

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and umm what? frizzy knots are frizzy cause not every knots extremely tight if the hairs not extremely tight some will be sticking out from the body of the drweadsd

geez come on if your going to try to make a point..make a point that makes sense

you just repeat the same nonsense over abnd over..it will never makre sense so why repeat it?

--
UUURP
@uuurp
13 years ago
20 posts
Ya knotty ur argument pretty much explained nothing but an uneducated guess when speaking of hair in its repair process. If you are so sure of yourself and this bold disagreement, please break down your qualm with soaringeagles suggestion that has been clearly working for many individuals with little to no damage.
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Uhh I definitely would not say tnr does little to no damage. I mean when you do it to someones hair you can tell it's being damaged even if you pull super lightly, if you're pulling hard enough for it to stay in you'll notice some pulling and breaking of hair strands. That's what I've noticed in everyone's hair I've done tnr on.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form