Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread accelerator sea salt and lemon juice

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i see alot of people still adding lemon juice to the sea salt dread accelerator so i want to cloear things up

lemon juice softens the hair, conditioning it making it looser more frizzy

sea salt dries the hair making it courser and tighter and less frizzy (slowly)

the 2 do oposites

why they are mixed together so often is beyond me..it makes no sence

also lemon juice when exposed to heat (blow dryer) or direct sunlight will lighten the hair bleaching in highlights

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:58:00PM
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Good to know about the lightening of color with the lemon juice, I knew it did in the sun but didn't know about heat. Makes sense I suppose :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

heat does work and seems faster since u can reaply blow dry reaoply instead of sitting fir hours in the sun tho id preffer the sun ive done both long ago

--
HealingAmungTheTrees
@healingamungthetrees
13 years ago
93 posts
Heat will cause lemon juice to lighten your hair. It is one of the ingredients used in a product called Sun In that is used to lighten the hair. You can use it either in the sun OR with a hair dryer.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
sun-in lightens your hair with the heat of a blow dryer because of the main ingredient peroxide.

MommaCrunch said:
Heat will cause lemon juice to lighten your hair. It is one of the ingredients used in a product called Sun In that is used to lighten the hair. You can use it either in the sun OR with a hair dryer.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
both peroxide and lemon juice react exactly the same to heat and sun just peroxide lightens faster and is harsher on the hair

Heather said:
sun-in lightens your hair with the heat of a blow dryer because of the main ingredient peroxide.

MommaCrunch said:

--
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Hi SE, what's the best ratio of sea salt to water when making a salt spray mix? Thanx
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

spoonful in average spray bottle or like 2 tablespoons per gallon (about) ..its not alot u want it about the same as sea water wich i thing is 0.05% about (if memory iscorrrect)

in a cup..a pinch..really not a whole lot

taste it it should be lil saltier then tears ..kinda salty to taste but not grossly salty

--
Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Oh wow - lucky I asked I was about to make a REALLY salty batch, love this site!

soaringeagle said:

spoonful in average spray bottle or like 2 tablespoons per gallon (about) ..its not alot u want it about the same as sea water wich i thing is 0.05% about (if memory iscorrrect)

in a cup..a pinch..really not a whole lot

taste it it should be lil saltier then tears ..kinda salty to taste but not grossly salty

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
your scalp woulda been ..well i think u can tan hydes with salt lol so it wouldsaa dehydrated the skin almost burning it

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form