Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Odd Washing Question

Rae
@rae
13 years ago
74 posts

A few days ago I cut myself on the meat slicer at Jimmy John's (a sub shop), I tore of a chunk of skin on the pad of my middle finger, right hand (picture attached for those so inclined). I was told it is fine to shower without my bandage on (but it will sting), or that I could just wear a glove/plastic bag over it (my preferred option).

I've been using the BS/ACV rinse and would like to keep using it, since it works so well. Until now I have just been putting everything into a big plastic bowl and pouring it over my head, but this requires two hands. Does anyone know a good container or shape I can put the BS/ACV into that would make it more awkward-left-hand-friendly?
OR

Should I change it up and use a Dr. B's?

I'm looking for the simplest, one handed washing solution.

updated by @rae: 02/14/15 03:31:28AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
juice pitcher

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
and ouch that looks bad

--
Dolly
@dolly
13 years ago
49 posts

Rachel ... that's gnarly!!! :D Yikes!! Does Jimmy John's have those plastic bottles that have a long neck with a pour spout? Many restaurants I've worked in use them to hold salad dressings and such ... you can screw the top off, make your mixture, then screw the lid back on and the mix will come out the nozzle at the top. Might be an easy one-handed way to handle things for a while! Although SE's suggestion of a juice pitcher is great, too, especially if it has a handle!

Good fortune ... looks like it hurts!

Rae
@rae
13 years ago
74 posts

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll try finding a pitcher, but I think small bottles might be better (less heavy).

This injury pretty much sucks, but on the plus side I'll have a pretty awesome scar! It's gonna take several months to heal though.

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
Spray bottle? bs and acv are both liquid mixes so it coming out of the spray bottle wouldn't be an issue and it's be easy to maneuver one handedI am purposely not looking at the picture because I already feel quesy, but that sucks about your hand dude.
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Jug! Lol
jessica acosta
@jessica-acosta
13 years ago
37 posts
i use a half gallon milk jug. its easy peezy to pour with one hand :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
Weird question...did you go to the doctor for that finger? My daughter cut her thumb in much that same fashion and everyone said that they couldn't stitch that so why bother going to the ER. Well I went anyway and they said that it needed a skin graft. Fingers and toes have alot of nerve endings and with a cut like that the nerves may be injured and it needs attention. Please don't think...there is nothing there to stitch cuz it was cut off and not go. You also most likely need a tetnus shot, not to mention that kind of cut is a high risk of infection. My daughter took about 4 mos. to fully heal even with the graft, but now it is fantastic and she has no problem. (Also, in case you are worried...a skin graft is quick and painfree compared to your wound...they use cadaver skin from a sterile package). Please take good care (((HUGS)))
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well theres many tyopes of skin graphs usualy they take a very thin graph from your leg or ass perforated and use that alternatively theres several new artificial skin graphs that axct like skin while the real skin rebuilds beneath it then it falls off

i hadntheard of the cadaver one that kinda weirds me out lol tho i know its "harvested" imediatelty

in most cases if they dont use an artifuicial graph theyd use 1 taken from a donor site on your own body the bonor sites just a layer taken so your not left with no skin there

but yea shes right u need t o get that loked at by a dr and treatted

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form