Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

is it normal?

moma kat
@moma-kat
13 years ago
2 posts

ok so i've had my dreads for around 2 weeks. my husband did a combo of backcombing and twist and rip. i'm just a tad worried that it isn't normal for the roots of my hair to not be dreaded.i have realy straight white girl hair for lack of better way toput it. we didn't use any products. but will i have to do anything to my roots or just let time work on it? cuz i'm loving the dreads and i want to keep them.

the ends of my hair are kinda like normal hair for the last half in. or so as well and that i know from reading up on this website that time will fix that. so i'm none too worried about that.

also how soon after dreading can i go swiming? i normaly swim laps everyday and i've been feeling the water call me, but i'm not sure if its too soon.

but anyway please help a newbie out- and my thanks if you do!

updated by @moma-kat: 01/13/15 08:57:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

swim if u wanna swim just make sure they dry

and rinse out chlorine

its totalty normal the roots will gert worse b4 they get better

u will have loose roots for a good 8 months

do nothing..leave em alone

they will lock up ontheyre own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Modefi
@modefi
13 years ago
3 posts
You're not alone - and I'm glad to see it! I've been having the same issue with my roots, guess we just have to wait it out. :)
moma kat
@moma-kat
13 years ago
2 posts
ok awesome.thanks for the feed back.
Yan Monteiro
@yan-monteiro
13 years ago
1 posts

soaringeagle my roots are loose as well, theyre kinda locked but not fulley. difference is my hair is thick and curly, do you think they will lock soon??

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Yea they'll lock bro there's hundreds of people here to prove it just leave em alone

Yan Monteiro said:

soaringeagle my roots are loose as well, theyre kinda locked but not fulley. difference is my hair is thick and curly, do you think they will lock soon??

Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
13 years ago
32 posts
Roots will normally have about an inch of undreaded hair for a while. It's just one of those things that you have to wait out. And as for the undreaded hair about halfway down.. mine are like that too and I've had dreads for about 3-4 months. It really tests your patience. A word of advice though, don't give up. They'll be looking locked and beautiful before you know it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form