Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting natural dreads

ickyash
@ickyash
13 years ago
3 posts

So I want to start dreads the natural way and just let my hair do whatever it wants but I just don't know exactly where to start. I tried this once and I washed my hair and let it air dry and didn't brush it for a week. I also slept with a towel on my pillow to help my hair tangle and for that week my hair was doing pretty good. My hair gets really greasy real fast so I washed it. I used baking soda to do it and didn't really touch my hair when washing but everything still came out. My hair ended up getting straight again.
So yeah can anyone help me out and explain to me how to do this correctly and what I should do and all that?

updated by @ickyash: 01/13/15 08:57:25PM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts
Well with the natural method does take a good 6-8 months before they start looking awesome, some ppl it can probly take less, some ppl a little longer. But How often are you washing? You should probly try and only wash once or twice a week, this will help your greasy scalp, your scalp produces oils and the less you wash, the less oil your scalp will make.You could also just wash whenever you feel is neccesary, Try leaving the baking soda in for a 10-20 minutes, and then rinse and air dry, and don't play with your hair to much. Movement= knots= dreads
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do it longer then a week and theres ways to make the hair less greasy theres a hair tonic in products section or thyme tea and sea salt

but u gotta wait longer then a week tooo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ickyash
@ickyash
13 years ago
3 posts
I only washed my hair once a week but when I would wash my hair would just get dead straight again and then I had to start all over but I will try leaving the baking soda in for longer. Thank you

GratefulNick said:
Well with the natural method does take a good 6-8 months before they start looking awesome, some ppl it can probly take less, some ppl a little longer. But How often are you washing? You should probly try and only wash once or twice a week, this will help your greasy scalp, your scalp produces oils and the less you wash, the less oil your scalp will make.You could also just wash whenever you feel is neccesary, Try leaving the baking soda in for a 10-20 minutes, and then rinse and air dry, and don't play with your hair to much. Movement= knots= dreads
ickyash
@ickyash
13 years ago
3 posts
Yeah I'm going to try this again but for longer and also try making my hair less greasy. I'll check that out right now

soaringeagle said:

do it longer then a week and theres ways to make the hair less greasy theres a hair tonic in products section or thyme tea and sea salt

but u gotta wait longer then a week tooo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

early natural dreading is a process gett a lil lose a lil get a lil more

it takes time if u see anything more then some seperating in the 1st 2 weeks then your dreading super fast

in a week u most likely wont see progress at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form