Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Apparantly johnny clean now sells hair growth vitamins

Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts

just what the title says. i dont know what to make of it though. definately not thinking of ordering it though, its just something new and random that came up in google and linked to his page.

http://www.dreadheadhq.com/shop/dreadhead-hair-growth-supplement.html

What are you guys's thoughts on taking vitamins for hair growth. beneficial, harmful, neutral? faster growing could mean less time for roots to lock before more grows, and could maybe result in looser dreads with straight hair roots longer than a few inches? im just curious. I do know for a fact that vitamins do enhance hair growth speed, i know a few people who have taken a bunch of prenatal vitamins (for pregnancy) that overloads you with those nutrients and i saw their hair grow a ton faster, so the effectiveness of the vitamins arent the question, but the result of the increased speed.

updated by @jackal: 02/14/15 06:15:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i doubt its very effective at alkl some of the herbs are suposed to help hair be stronger but the ammount it actualy could help wouldnt be worth the price at all im sure if it makes any difference at all it would nbe only 1/4 inch a year if that..and ..all the wax clogging pores would probly slow growth so again its just 1 more crappy product that dont work that counteracts the negative adffects of other products

just 1 more scam preying on the impatience of his victims

omg my hairs growing so slow (the speed all hair grows at) so ill buy anything to speed it up even if it doesnt speed it up at all

i do thunk the horsetail helps prevent split ends tho so might appear to grow the tiniest bit faster if u need less trims

tho im really not sure

id love to see actual terst data but u know jonny logic if your hairs longer 2 years after taking the pill it works despoit e the fact that hair grows tghe exact same ammont in the same 2 years

the rosemary manty of us add to the baking soda is suposed to do the same

but doubt anyones noticed a noticable difference

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and its not so new..but i never met 1 single person whos ever tried it

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Herbs, vitamins, and minerals do indeed increase hair growth, but only by improving the overall health of the individual. I wouldn't buy his synthetic and de-natured crap regardless. Though, what's off-putting is the lack of ingredients listed on the page. My guess is to not scare away customers with Dymethylezanathineoxide Plorinimate or some ridiculously long chemical name. But something funny is the only review of the product: the guy believing his hair grew almost an inch in a week. He judges this by pulling out a hair and measuring it, and then measuring a different hair a week later. *facepalm*
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
I don't think hair could out grow the locking process, if that's what you are getting at.But pregnancy does mess with hormones and stuff, so increased hair growth in pregnant women does not mean that the supplements will work on everyone. I think it would be a waste of time and money to try and "speed up" hair growth. Like dreads, patience is the key.I know a change in diet most definitely can affect hair growth, so I'd try that before taking any of Johnny's supplements. They probably work as well as the wax :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u want hair to grow faster it only takes about 18 years to grow from ears to toes and ikm betting 1/2 the ppl who buy that dont have theyre dreads 5 years..and cut em complauining about the weight (from the wax)

an inch a week?

if that was trie thats 8 times faster then normal

woukld require 8 times the calcium and protein

taking that much calcuinm ..can be really bad

or lets say your not overdosing thenyour depleting..

that would be like going from bald to waste lengtg in a single year

wouldnt it also cause alot more...body hair growth too>?

youd be a yetti in a month...if it actualy worked like the 1..im sure favked...review claimes

impossible claims are thge sure sign of a scam

--
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
I believe that excess body hair would only result from a testosterone imbalance. Still, mineral and protein depletion would be pretty bad, and could lead to a laundry list of ailments and diseases.
Cocopuff
@cocopuff
13 years ago
7 posts
I'm starting to come down from my pregnancy high, so my hair growth has slowed down a lot. But in 9 months, my hair went from man-cut short to past my jaw line.I didn't take prenatal or iron supplements daily, as I should have, but instead took it on my weaker days.I really don't think that prenatal helps at all. Just makes you healthier which in turn can promote hair and nail growth.I guess if you want long hair fast, jut get pregnant! Hahaha
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

maybe ive been pregnant 21 years lol

but,..your talking ..what 6 inches in 9 months? thats lil faster growth then typical but not drastic like this suoposed 1 inch a week which woulda been 3 feet growth in 9 months (or am i too tired to count toes n fingers?)

--
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

I have done alot of research into this topic. What i have come across is that key vitaims such as biotin, maganese, copper etc all contribute to healther and faster growing hair, as the story goes. Rosemary as anyone can tell is rumoredto be effective as well, but i have yet to find scientific evidence that such claims are truly valid. The average person can expect to have hair grow a half inch a month, too an inch. The fact that Johnny Clean is selling a hair growth vitamin suddenly is pretty hilarious to me. I would try vitamins from a company that has been doing this for decades not some wax dread-dude upstart.

Alot of it thoughmight haveto do with how well you treat your scalp. Jamaican Black Castor Oil for instance, when applied to hair and scalp,many people report faster hair growth and their hairline filling in. Making your body healthier from the inside, shows quite clearly on the outside. Who knows perhaps part of the reason SE has grown such long hair is in part due to his healthy diet of vegan foods.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form