Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

heeeelp!!!

carol
@carol
13 years ago
4 posts
I need help, How remove residues of wax from my dreads?????
updated by @carol: 02/14/15 05:43:04AM
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts

Hey there. How old are they? I had mine waxed for 3 weeks before I found out it was bad. All I did was wash them with warm water for a while. It'll take some time to get it all out.

If they are new dreads... maybe consider restarting them with neglect or twist and rip

carol
@carol
13 years ago
4 posts

10 months and the wax see only in the front locs,,,3 or 4 locs

Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
Ah okay, well that's not all bad. At least it's not your whole head of hair. Possibly a good soaking of baking soda will do the job. I'm sure a heap of people have gone through this issue. I can't give you too much help as I only had wax in for a short time... so kinda a different story. You'll get the help you need on this discussion though
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
see the wax removers link and never ever put wax in dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
just cause u only see wax in a few doesnt mean its not cakesd on the inside of evcery single dread many ppl go years thinkimg its all gone only to be surprised u got to take extreme steps to get all wax out of every dread even if u think its all gone wax is opure evil in dreads

--
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
dawn dish soap works like a charm if they are not solid with wax. Remember to dilute it when it's near your scalp, it's powerful.
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
It also contains harsh and toxic chemicals which would easily be absorbed by the scalp. A bit close to the brain to chance it, in my opinion.

Lex said:
dawn dish soap works like a charm if they are not solid with wax. Remember to dilute it when it's near your scalp, it's powerful.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

vinager undiluted works fairly well oranfe oil works great u can get industrial strength solvants based on orange oil and all natural safe ingredients like gunk out dissolve it or..the body splash stuff a skin tonic thats amasing)

the dissolvitt and gunkout are so strong they will dissolve tar glue caulk and..rubber bands..

so 1 person made the mistake of using it while rubber bands were in her dreads (why they were there i dunno) and it luiquified them making the tips a gunky mess

orange esential oil added to whatever u wash with may help if strong enough

the body splash and the 2 dissolvers are plenty strong to do the trick

the wax remover soap is not as strong tout will help especialy if u wash with it every tuime

(and really soap up the whle dreads scrubbing not just the scalp)

umm if u use the gunk out..might wanna renmove plastic even clay beads to be safe lol

think it will even tremove paint its strong stuff

--
carol
@carol
13 years ago
4 posts
thanks, i will use body splash to try
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus