Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

balding

errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts
i know its too early to say but i wanna get dreads and die with dreads and im scared for balding because my dad started balding at age 35 my brother is balding even at 24 and my mom has her full set of hair if i start balding is there any ways to gain my hair back so i can get dreads back?? im worried about this matter and dont want a bald head at age 25...
updated by @errol: 02/14/15 08:31:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

is your moms dad bald? the baldness tendency is in the males on your moms side your dads baldness would have zero effect on your chances of going bald but baldness will not affect your dreads u will just have a bald area if u do go bald i know alot of bald dudes with kickass dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts

my moms dad is balddunno what age tho cant ask him now because hes deceased maybe my mother knows bald people with dreads? im gonna go look that up thanks for the info

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

look up my freind fantuzzi for instance

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts
not better then a full head of dreads but better then none i suppose ill just were a bandana with the dreads to the side thanks for the help
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts

If you stress over balding you'll cause balding, seeing as stress is the #1 cause of loss of hair.

Instead of worrying, consider ways to improve the health of your scalp (natural herbs and essential oils such as horsetail, rosemary, etc.). Also avoid pulling on your hair or wearing hats at all times of the day, as well as putting your hair into tight ponytails.

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
My hubby's younger brother has been bald for years since he was about 25 my hubby's still got a full head of dreads at 34 so you never know! I've seen some KILLER sets of locks on balding dudes!
Nicole Binns
@nicole-binns
13 years ago
22 posts
I would like to see more men growing long hair and locks even after going bald. I don't know what you could do to stop yourself from going bald. But you can view dreads as a spiritual commitment, instead of an image, and so they'll be something you continue to do, no matter what happens.This is actually a big issue to me. I think that if men could accept the idea of growing the remaining hair (and beard) while they're bald, then more men might lose their fear of growing long hair.You could look at images of Devin Townsend. He was a musician (I think? I can't remember if that's what he was) who grew locks while bald.I probably can't say anything to make you feel better about it though.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

I'm totally with Nicole, my husband has some bald spots so keeps shaving his head every few days, and i can see hair growing there if he'd just let it grow I think he'd get it back! He's 29 and been shaving his head for about 4 years now cause he says he's rather be bald than patchy, i LOVE his hair and wish he'd let it grow out :(

errol
@errol
13 years ago
37 posts

looked him up he has pretty cool dreads and if you just wear a bandana to hide the baldness then your good to go could you tell me what you think of my hair on my other discussion how long b4 balding you think my hair would be easy to lock up or ?
Nicole Binns said:
I would like to see more men growing long hair and locks even after going bald. I don't know what you could do to stop yourself from going bald. But you can view dreads as a spiritual commitment, instead of an image, and so they'll be something you continue to do, no matter what happens.

This is actually a big issue to me. I think that if men could accept the idea of growing the remaining hair (and beard) while they're bald, then more men might lose their fear of growing long hair.

You could look at images of Devin Townsend. He was a musician (I think? I can't remember if that's what he was) who grew locks while bald.

I probably can't say anything to make you feel better about it though.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form