Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spraying sea salt on hair to help it tangle??

peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts

Is it true that if you spray a water and sea salt solution on your hair it will help it tangle? If so, what is a good amount of sea salt to use?

thanks!

updated by @peacelovebliss714: 01/13/15 08:57:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

a spoonful to a spraybottle

or u can add 1-2 tablespoonds per gallon to the baking soda soak

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
yes sea salt will help it lock up faster. Put a spoonful of sea salt in a regular sized spray bottle. Add enough warm tap water to fill the bottle shake it real well until dissolved. It does not need to be refrigerated. Spray on hair a few hours before washing. You can use a day before washing but be careful. Excessive use can make hair too dry and brittle. Spray on hair and not scalp. We have enough issues with dry skin on our scalps...don't make your scalp even drier. Remember too much of a good thing can turn bad.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

10 min to 2 hours b4 u wash or rinse is plenty no need to leave it on lone at all

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
it actually has no effect on my hair. no idea why.
peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts
Thanks. :) At the beginning of the first week, I was washing my hair daily, but now I'm washing it three times a week.

Amber Claire said:

yer sea salt works well after i have washed my hair i pour sea salt rince ( 2 table spoons, then add 2 letres of water) then leave for a bit then rinse out. Works well for me. By the way your hair is looking good and making fast progress. How often do you wash your hair by the way? I wash mine often and seems to be knotting fast.

Peace x

Stephen Wondal
@stephen-wondal
13 years ago
7 posts
i definitely going to try thiiisss....at home. thanks! :)
peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts
Well, I've started using it in a spray, and it seems it could be slightly helping the locking process, but more-so it is helping my normally oily scalp/hair. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea it will and thats good

--
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I would use hot hot water when you add the salt, helps it dissolve alot better. Not letting it disolve properly or adding to much left me with not only dandruff on my initial attempt to dread but little bits of salt all up in my nappiness, it was bad.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form