Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i don't get it.....

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i was going through youtube and looking at all the dreadlock videos and came upon a girl named theannaaprilla. i'm sure that at least some of you have seen this beautiful girl and her gorgeous dreadlocks. what baffles me is she basically did a bunch of things that we're all told not to do and came out with the most amazing dreadlocks. she started hers with t&r but then she wore tons of rubber bands (which i'm pretty sure aren't actually rubber but those silicone ones you can get now), she palm rolled them and in her latest video she said she doesn't wash her hair. okay so no offense to anyone on here who has made it a choice to not wash their hair but i'm definitely not going down that road. ewww. anyway, i just find it really frustrating to be working so hard at get my hair to knot and then i see her gorgeous locks and a little piece of me thinks that maybe i'm doing it all wrong. ugh.

here are her video in case your interested....

ps - i really want to get some bright colored wood beads like she has in her last video. so pretty:)

updated by @heather: 02/14/15 03:31:42AM
Marcus Acosta
@marcus-acosta
13 years ago
53 posts

She is literally one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my entire life (btw, I'm gay) lol! My lesbian friend found her website and she's nude on there btw haha.

ANYWAY, she definitely has beautiful locks. She is one of the reasons why I decided to GET locks lol! I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong though, just give it time and it will come. Hopefully by the time your dreads get here you'll still want locks! lol

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

she's gorgeous and i can definitely see why she has so many views on her videos. i've watched them a dozen times or more and i'm straight. lol:)

i've wanted dreadlocks for more than a decade so i doubt i'll stop wanting them i just wish i had all that hair she has and the beautiful face wouldn't be so bad either. :)
Marcus Acosta said:

She is literally one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my entire life (btw, I'm gay) lol! My lesbian friend found her website and she's nude on there btw haha.

ANYWAY, she definitely has beautiful locks. She is one of the reasons why I decided to GET locks lol! I'm sure you're not doing anything wrong though, just give it time and it will come. Hopefully by the time your dreads get here you'll still want locks! lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just toss in beads it will dread ..but wash em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
Heather you're gorgeous, but yes I know what you mean and how you feel, I see people with "insta" dreads or TnR or Backcombing that hae DREADS by now and yes I have a lot of progress but I cannot say I've not been tempted to crochet or whatever because I'm not patient...and the conversations I have and the comments I get all make things rough at time, and I see people who did "bad" things with great locks....but then you have to look at the ones who did "bad" things and well don't have locks anymore....so I keep telling myself this is a lesson to me, letting go of vanity, using them as an expression of art it has made me start crocheting, and learning to make beads, and making me try to like who I am tho I am not completely happy nor content w/ the rest of me at all times I can always love my path my hair is taking, plus it's like my grandmother taught me, if things were handed to me I didn't appreciate them near as much as the things I had to work and wait for! <3 and dready vibes coming your way girl!
Dolly
@dolly
13 years ago
49 posts
Yeah, she is totally gorgeous. As are YOU and everyone else here in this process and journey! That's the beautiful thing about dreads is that they really manifest people's personalities and only serve to make them more beautiful! Individuality is such a great thing! Love what Shanxon just said about appreciating even more the things we've had to wait for or work for!! I can see you, Heather, with an amazing head full of dreads with all kinds of bright colored beads in them!!!
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

If you are at all interested her deviantart is

http://anna-april.deviantart.com/gallery/

More pics of her... *shrug*

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
oh great. more torture. lol:)

Charlotte said:

If you are at all interested her deviantart is

http://anna-april.deviantart.com/gallery/

More pics of her... *shrug*

Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

Haha! I know what you mean... Not feeling particularly attractive atm so it's especially demoralising.

Found a video of her tying her dreads up. I'm not being funny, but if I did it the way she does (once I have dreads ;) ) I would feel totally ridiculous but she just looked awesome.

I also love the beads she's put in and am really looking forward to being able to do it! I have another reason why I want dreads :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
yeah, i just watched that one. i would look like a complete idiot with my hair up like that. looking through her pictures on deviant art her hair hasn't done much shrinking. strange. it's like the dreadlocks have thickened but not shortened.

Charlotte said:

Haha! I know what you mean... Not feeling particularly attractive atm so it's especially demoralising.

Found a video of her tying her dreads up. I'm not being funny, but if I did it the way she does (once I have dreads ;) ) I would feel totally ridiculous but she just looked awesome.

I also love the beads she's put in and am really looking forward to being able to do it! I have another reason why I want dreads :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form