Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

T&R, can't seem to get knots close enough to scalp

MamaMidwife
@mamamidwife
13 years ago
1 posts
Good morning, Everyone! I am just getting started with my locks today using the twist and rip method. Thus far I have two adorable little locks and they are really turning out lovely. The only problem I am having is that they don't seem to be getting close enough to the scalp. There is a good inch and a half of lose hair above the locked hair. Any suggestions on getting the knots closer to the top of each lock? A
updated by @mamamidwife: 01/13/15 08:56:51PM
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
Try putting a rubber band at the root (1/4 to 1/2 inch) and then twist and rip. It sounds close to the root but once you wash, your hair will loosen and the root will increase by an inch or so. I didn't do this but a friend of mine did and she said it worked great, but taking the bands out can be tricky if they're too snug (you might pull out some hair)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they dont need to get close to the scalp the 1st many months of dreading the scalp will be loose and getting looser till they start to get close to the scalp at bout months 8-13 dont worry if they have even 3 inches loose at the roots if they dont now they will in a month or 2 the roots arent gonna be tight a good whilke ..its all ok

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt recomend the band personaly

Lu A said:

Try putting a rubber band at the root (1/4 to 1/2 inch) and then twist and rip. It sounds close to the root but once you wash, your hair will loosen and the root will increase by an inch or so. I didn't do this but a friend of mine did and she said it worked great, but taking the bands out can be tricky if they're too snug (you might pull out some hair)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
Loose roots are a good thing. It enables the hair to move around and knot up properly.As your dreads start to mature and form, the loose hair at the roots will become less and less, but it's something you always want.With my first set, I did everything I could to get the dreads starting right from my scalp and regretted it straight away. It was tight, uncomfortable, gave me headaches and made me feel like someone was constantly pulling at my head. I took them out a week later.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form