Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

This is not looking good

Augustinas
@augustinas
13 years ago
28 posts
So it is 2 weeks since I ended up with the crochet and I knew that there will be loose hair, but now there are like much more, and every morning I can see some more. Some dreads are still quite tight and those who are not.. Well it looks like I would loose my dreads soon as those that got loose they got like this: Half of dread is like quite normal and the other half is not even loose, but there are straight hair! Damn, I am loosing hope, that they will get better
updated by @augustinas: 01/13/15 08:56:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

agreed u will get alotta loose hairs cause crochet breaks alot they will pop out all over but eventualy will get sucked in

the loose areas well what are u washing with how often

thats unusual espoecialy for crochet recovery but u can think of it as a good sign the faster they loosen the quicker the recovery

few thingts tho whats your wash routine (not only with what and how often but how u wash)

is the hair oily

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Augustinas
@augustinas
13 years ago
28 posts
Thanks for the support man. Oh yeah, two more questions. Just after guy crocheted my hair I got this thing http://www.thornapple.co.nz/ProductCart/pc/catalog/dh_shampoo_big_2039_general.jpg is it ok to wash my dreads with it? And second, the important one: about when my dreads will start looking better?:)
Augustinas
@augustinas
13 years ago
28 posts
Oh I just saw the second post, as you posted almost the same time as me :D actually I just use the shampoo that I mentioned above and my washing is after I play basketball and if I don't then once or twice a week. And about my washing I don't know even what to say, it is nothing special, just try to soap my head and rub it, duno, that's all I guess :D And my hair is not oily, at least now :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

that shampoo is crap it wont hurt ya but wouldnt ever re-buy it your also scrubbing the whole dread not just the scalp so your undoing them

just carefully wash the scalp leave the dreads alone just rince thru

or switcgh to the baking soda wash wich is way better then that crap

--
Augustinas
@augustinas
13 years ago
28 posts
So you wanna say that I will never be able to wash my dreads, just the scalp? And was that very damaging that I washed them, because I thought that would help them to loosen up?
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
13 years ago
458 posts
In the beginning stages when the dreads are still knotting up it's best to just focus on your scalp, when they start getting longer you will notice that you don't need to focus on the dread very much. They only really get oily in the first couple of inches by the scalp so it isn't really necessary unless you do something that gets them dirty. For the most part the soap that rinses through will wash them enough.
Augustinas
@augustinas
13 years ago
28 posts
And how should I avoid of washing my dreads, because the will get wet when I was my scalp as well. And I will repeat myself was the dread washing damaging, because I thought it would just help my dreads to loosen up
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
You don't have to avoid washing your dreads. Just massage your scalp and forget about them. I wouldn't scrub them down, but I also wouldn't worry about messing around with them a little bit.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the rubbing them probly loosened em lil too much i woukd use fingertips to rub the scalp then u rinse the soap through so your notr touching the dreads just the soapy water running thru cleans em or the baking soda soak cleans without even touching the scalp or head at all

u just want to be gentle till theyre a few months more established

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form