Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sections Parting (Awkwardly) Near Cowlick/Back of Head

MamaEmmelia
@mamaemmelia
13 years ago
19 posts
Hey there. Just wondering if anyone can give me some wise words about how to handle (or get over) the fact that I've got this flattened, spotty place on the back of my head where all my sections seem to spread apart, leaving me with this awkward empty-looking space on my scalp. I'm assuming it's from sleeping on that particular part of my head...which is sort of hard to control. But does anyone have any advice about how to deal with it? Should I sleep with my hair pulled back so that my dreads don't train themselves to give me a part back there? Does *anyone* understand what I mean by that?! I'm only in my 2nd week so it's not an emergency or anything =) but I'd like to know if there's anything I can do.
updated by @mamaemmelia: 01/13/15 08:56:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

picture?

but im thinking its niot a thing to worry bout

in fack give your head a shake and bet they go back ti where ya want em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
calipark
@calipark
13 years ago
54 posts
Lol I get that same thing (not dreading at the moment) but if I don't comb my hair, sections form and flare outwards just from the way the back of my head curls. You could always palmroll to straighten them but they will round themselves off over time so that wouldn't be necessary. The roots are probably getting knotted unevenly from sleeping on them and having more knots on one side of the section than the other (kinda like when one backcombs but focuses on one side of the root instead of all of them. As they grow they should even out, but yeah I guess you could try sleeping with your hair pulled back.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form