dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Long term Vs. Short term

supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts

Hey guys,

Currently im growing my hair, and it's just below my nose (even allround) but im starting to get some split ends.

So here is my question for the long term picture of obtaining dreads, would it be best to get the split ends cut, or just let it keep growing.

Furthermore would split ends vs. not split ends have any affect on the rate of dreading. (For the future)

As always thanks for your hlp and information.

You guys are the best! =]

updated by @supp: 01/13/15 08:56:05PM
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

split end are not going to affect your dreads at all. you have to figure they are only going to multiply since you are no longer trimming your hair regularly when you have dreads, and all the hair that would normally fall off in your hair brush if getting trapped as well.

chances are when your hair is completely dreaded you'll stop noticing the split ends.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it dont matter but if u stop combing now u will get no more split ends

combing wether backcombing or regular causes damage backcombing more ofcourse

but if u stop combing u will not get any more split ends

and it will have a chance to just dread up naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
LillyPilly
@lillypilly
13 years ago
16 posts
I wondered about this too but in relation to the wispy ends of my dreads. They are all split now and I wonder whether I should lightly trim those split ends off.
LillyPilly
@lillypilly
13 years ago
16 posts

Why wouldn't I get any new split ends? I'm only going to take of say 1/4 inch of hair off the end of each dread. They'll still be wispy on the ends because I don't want them blunt. Wouldn't the remaining free hair just split like my regular hair used to on the ends? Or does the dread process stop the splitting. I hope it does :-)

Split ends bug me :-)

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
The split ends will not even be noticed in the dread. The added tips will add to the knots. Really I wouldn't even think about it just let em go. Ends split it's kinda inevitable dreads Will stop them but once the splits are in the dreads why worry. They won't hurt at all.

LillyPilly said:

Why wouldn't I get any new split ends? I'm only going to take of say 1/4 inch of hair off the end of each dread. They'll still be wispy on the ends because I don't want them blunt. Wouldn't the remaining free hair just split like my regular hair used to on the ends? Or does the dread process stop the splitting. I hope it does :-)

Split ends bug me :-)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form