Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questions, please answer.

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
Guys I'm goin for dreads and my hairs only one inch long. I'm not worried though because my hair grows fast. I'm using the wool hat method, but I'm concerned that my dreadlocks will mess up. The last thing i want is patchy fat dreads, or one fat dread! any tips?

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 01/13/15 08:56:00PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
My hubby started his neglect dreads from super short hair the pic is his now somewhere between 4-5 years old. Starting from short hair is awesome and the shrinkage isn't nearly as bad as when you start from long hair, like I did! It will be a journey but it will be worth it for sure. Just keep em clean and separated so you don't get one giant dread!
updated by @naturalwomyn: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
GAH!! why do my pics always show up OBNOXIOUSLY HUGE??!! Sorry!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
check the profile guys hes black african hair dreads very easily way way shorter 1 inch is plentythoi a wool hat method is likely to result in magor congoinginstread leave em free and just seperate oftenkeep em seperated into thinner dreads and youir good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
Thankyou very much bro, and thankyou for the friendly welcome :)
Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
13 years ago
34 posts
alright, thankyou for the advice

J.D. Flames said:
Be prepared to become as patient as a monk. Short hair takes longer to dread than longer hair, and I believe that hair grows somewhere around 1/2 inch per month. At 1 inch you're probably not going to see anything noticeable for a good hot minute. lol my hair doesn't even start to knot until it's about an inch away from the scalp. My hair was about 18 inches long when I started dreading and at 6 months into the dreading process I'm seeing them forming nicely, and shrinking. As I said it was 18 inches long when I started, it's about half that length now due to the natural shrinkage that occurs. (I think shrinkage is different for everyone, but I've lost half my length.) Scan around some of the forums and you'll see lots of helpful info from the members though. This is the best site I've found dealing with everything dread related, so take some of that time you got while waiting on the process and you'll learn tons of useful info.
Jennifer Rose
@jennifer-rose
13 years ago
59 posts

Natural Womyn your and your hubby's locks are INSPIRING!!! <3

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Thanks mama!My husband's seem to get more bad ass every day and mine well, they seem to get more rebellious!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form