Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

EEG concerns

KEVIN PHILIPPE
@kevin-philippe
13 years ago
4 posts
Well hello everybody...well I just wanted to know if I'm getting an EEG test..should I cut my hair (it is about more than 4 inches and haven't cut it since last year...on summer to be precisely and started neglect 1 month ago and I've seen very good progress)....do I really need to take my hair out in order for the test to have better results and by the way I've heard there is this glue they put on your hair for the electrodes to connect..would it be hard to get it off..I would appreciate any answer since my dreams of having any style of hair (braids, cornrows, and dreadlocks) have been truncated about three times........
updated by @kevin-philippe: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
KEVIN PHILIPPE
@kevin-philippe
13 years ago
4 posts
I guess I should do that...though I've been investigating in different websites about dreadlocks and EEG test and they never give me a concrete answer......
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Definitely agree to asking the Docs, maybe you can keep them and the gel they use should be washable...I've had the test, but was years ago and I didn't have to cut my hair, it wasn't dreaded but was long.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont think u need to ive had it ive had dreads 20 years i think its a gel not glue if anything they may need to shave a spot not the head

but im pretty sure they diont need to

dont do anything b4 hand go for the test they will tell u if it needs to be cut and then they will do it they only will if its nesacary if u tell them u rather not unless it really hsad to be done

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KEVIN PHILIPPE
@kevin-philippe
13 years ago
4 posts
feel kinda relief now....its better to shave a little spot than the whole head...but know that you say it think i dnt need to do nuthin b4 the test......
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Good point, I've also had MRIs and similar tests to those done where all piercing are said to have to be removed and they have done them with out removing some of mine...I know that is different but surely if they ask to shave and you express your concern they may be able to find a way around it. It never hurts to ask.

soaringeagle said:

i dont think u need to ive had it ive had dreads 20 years i think its a gel not glue if anything they may need to shave a spot not the head

but im pretty sure they diont need to

dont do anything b4 hand go for the test they will tell u if it needs to be cut and then they will do it they only will if its nesacary if u tell them u rather not unless it really hsad to be done

KEVIN PHILIPPE
@kevin-philippe
13 years ago
4 posts
thanks a lot hopefully everything goes alright :)
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

been there done that. yuck. no, you shouldn't have to remove your dreads. the electrodes are glued in place or stuck on using sticky pads but your hair shouldn't make a difference. i just went through all this last summer. the glue washes out or you can remove it easier with alcohol wipes.

good luck. hope everything turns out okay:)

Govinda
@govinda
13 years ago
5 posts

I'm so glad that you asked this. I have had so many EEGs, but not while I had dreads. I am going in for a VEEG soon. I called and asked the nurse if dreads were a problem for an EEG. Why did I even ask?

The nurse said that she asked the EEG technicians and they told her that people with dreads "...literally have crap and who knows what else in their hair." I told her that my hair and scalp are very clean. She said no way could they do it.

I don't believe it. I am having this EEG to see if surgery can cure my epilepsy. I'm not taking this lightly. I feel so disrespected, though. I also just find it super hard to believe that they can't do it because I can touch my whole scalp.

Ugh, I'm mad.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no

its a gel not a glue it washes away ewasily

theres no reason at all to worry

worse case if they have alotta trouble making contact they can shave lil areas for the contacts but seriusly doubt that they will

i'm pretty sure ive had that and never cut mine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form