Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What to use to wash dreads?

Maddy
@maddy
13 years ago
5 posts

I got dreadlocks about two weeks ago and I'm a little bit confused about what to use to wash them. I read on here about the baking soda wash but teatree oil is so expensive and I can't find rosemary or lavender oil anywhere. I have been using a Burt's Bee's rosemary shampoo bar. I went to a little shop in my town today and there were these homemade soaps and there were all sorts of different kinds like unscented oatmeal soap, hemp soap, lemon soap, lavender soap, and a whole bunch of other soaps that looked really good and I was wondering if it would be abad idea to use that on my hair?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.

Also, my scalp is a bit itchy. What can I do about that?

updated by @maddy: 01/13/15 08:55:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

t

30 in oils (i use 4 or 5 diferent oils) will last me 6 months about sometimes less but long time

dr bronners is next best thibgeatree isnt expensive since u use just drops it will last many months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts
I use the baking soda wash without oils.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
my last message got scrambled lol u can use bs without oils (shiuld use the vinager tho) but the oils are nit alot since they last months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Maddy
@maddy
13 years ago
5 posts
Thank you everyone. (: I thnk I will try the baking soda wash without oils. How much vinegar should I mix in with it?
Maddy
@maddy
13 years ago
5 posts
Thank you very very much! I'll use it first thing tomorrow when I shower for school. (: What is ACV?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form