Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does putting hait in pony tail slow down dread process?

supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts

Hey peeps,

Im currently going trying to go neglect, however for work I have to put my hair in a pony tail, does this slow down the process?

If so is there any way to minimise the effects of putting hair in a pony tail?

updated by @supp: 01/13/15 08:55:29PM
Faya god
@faya-god
13 years ago
4 posts
this question is also interesting for me. :-/
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
It may slow the process a bit simply because of restricting movement while in a pony tail. I say get the loosest pony tail holder you can to hold your hair back and make sure to let it down all the rest of the time, as well as make sure you seperate or it could dread INTO a ponytail or one giant congo. It is very doable tho!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
shanxon said exactly what i was gonna

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
13 years ago
361 posts
i got natural dreads going right now and i just started a new job like a 1.5 weeks ago, and it has actually helped, i tie it back in a pony tail, i use like 10 hair bands going all the way down the hair, and i just let them free as soon as im done with work, and my hair is really going crazy, im noticing much change, im starting to feel nappy : )
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Good question, good answers. Thanks!
matty
@matty
13 years ago
15 posts

im a senior computer engineer for a small company (about 11 employees + our boss) but we have clients that are extremely rich an also alot of huge buisnesses. i find that the people that i meet through work find it amazing that i have dreads and it gives them something to talk to you about during the 30+ hours you spend with a person one random week fixing their servers n stuff.

@op: i currently wear my hair back in a dread wrap and it looks great. hides thr roots and shows off the good bits and makes it look all neat and tidy :) if you can get away with wearing one of these i can give you a link to a great supplyer i use to buy mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DREAD-WRAP-DREADLOCKS-HAT-HEADBAND-HAIR-festival-/370340428672?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL&hash=item563a027b80
hippyjo said:

I also work at a job were I felt uncomfortable with the early stage of dreading hanging out. As soon as they look more dready and less "Oh My GOd What Happen TO Your Hair" i will let them out. I have alway worn a tam from time to time to work so the tam was the solution for me. Look neat and keepspeoplewondering what going on.
supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts

O.k sweet guys, thanks for the wise words of adivce =]

Mike

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form