Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating...

HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
So I have 2 good sized babies that were started with t&r about 3.5 months ago and it looks like they have been slowly starting to separate at the root and are about half way down to the bottom, I have tried to rip them (gently) the rest of the way down, but they don't want to budge now. Each section is dreading nicely (separately) so my question is should I just continue to rip them as I can, or will they eventually finish dividing themselves? Thanks guys!
updated by @hendrixmama: 02/14/15 08:31:38AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm if instead u left em alone they woulda ended up being 1 dread how much split b4 u started splitting them? like more then a couple inches? i dunno i always just left mine alone and they worked out

sounds like u got a lil gap and just kept forcing it to get bigger so i really dunno what to tell ya how longs the split part can u post a pic y did u try splitting instead of putting on a bead to get em to fuse back together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i haven't needed to split anything yet but i would definitely ask knottysleeves. she has experience splitting some of hers so she might have some insight that will help you.
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
They were about 6-7 inches down from the root. I can tell that they are trying to separate cause the sections were huge. I think the t&r is still a bit tight, and they are just having a hard time loosening up. I only maybe could pull maybe an inch. I guess I will just wait it out, I think it's cause I just noticed not too long ago. I will post a pic tomorrow.

soaringeagle said:

umm if instead u left em alone they woulda ended up being 1 dread how much split b4 u started splitting them? like more then a couple inches? i dunno i always just left mine alone and they worked out

sounds like u got a lil gap and just kept forcing it to get bigger so i really dunno what to tell ya how longs the split part can u post a pic y did u try splitting instead of putting on a bead to get em to fuse back together

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ah ok well i guess u just gotta keep working at it slowly lil olive oil might help also..do it when wet hair when wet is much mich weaker more easily ripped

--
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts

Thanks guys... I got one of them separated today with some coconut oil... I am going to just leave the other one be since it looks like it's working its way into 2, or maybe once its more loose I can try a little more.

Knottysleeves... ya, you're right, my hair just disagreed with those sections!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats why its best to let it section itself

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i wonder why all other sites recomend squate sections instead of letting it section itselfseems so odvios to let the hair decide where it wantsti section

--
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
13 years ago
61 posts
I let my hair section itself before doing anything, but when I did some t&r I never looked in a mirror, and I must have grabbed 2 sections on those 2. Seems like for the most part all the sectioning is fine, just those 2 were disagreeing.
wagerbomb
@wagerbomb
13 years ago
8 posts
i had a baby fatty split into 3 last night ... i did the back comb method so i think that my hair didnt agree with a section my buddy made ... i will admit that it pissed me off very much wen i saw it but i now know that hair will do what it wants to do lol ... good luck
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form