Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

want the tips to dread

shadow_conspiracy
@shadow-conspiracy
13 years ago
13 posts

yea, getting to that point where its not enough,i wanna dread the tips a bit so they don't look outta place (to me) anymore, looking for the best way to do that... any ideas, on how to help them dread up a bit?

still haven't decided on blunt ends or pointyends, lead me one way or another!!!!

lol just want my dreads to look better (if its possible)

pics:

updated by @shadow-conspiracy: 02/14/15 07:56:59AM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
First off orange dreads arefuckin sweetto begin with so i wouldn't trip about your ends not being blunt. Given enough time they either will or they want either way it is a reflection of your hair's wanting to do as it wishes, which isnt a bad thing. I cant tell you how to get them blunt tipped but i have heard that having such tips makes it noticeably harder for water to drain out of.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
from all I hear blunt tips def make drying so much harder and personally I think they look "fake" but that's just my opinion. I think your dreads look great and you should just let them do their thing they will decide how they want to be :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they look great as they are why would u want em to change

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
13 years ago
71 posts

Oh my goshhhh I know this doesn't help you but I love them!

Maybe try spraying seat salt on the ends of your hair in particular?

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

How old are your dreadies? I feel like a lot of red head dreads kind of "blunt" at the ends naturally, but with time.

Lots of people end up disliking the blunt ends though because they become a pain to dry and stuff...but if you REAAALLY want to I'm sure you can youtube how with a crochet tool. I know it's a taboo on this website, but that's really the only way you can do it on your own. I wouldn't recommend it, but that'd be the option.

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
Then I'd have hope for many of them to do that. Your hair looks way long enough though! And it's only the 7th month. I'd make any decisions about blunting the ends or anything at a year or so. But they're definitely coming along really well.

We are our own worst critics lol

craig said:
im 7 months in and my dreads look shit! its such a mess with kinks and loops and straight un knotted hair at the end. i think my problem is i didnt grow my hair long enough 1st. anyway a couple of mine at the back underneat the mess have folded back on themselves creatin a blunt tip naturally and i love them!
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
you can easily blunt your ends by threading them into a tapestry needle, then using the needle to pull the ends up into the body of your dread.
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
13 years ago
64 posts

i would just backcomb the ends, I do it when some come undone.

it wont blunt the ends, but make the pony tails dready

❀.Zombeth.☮)O(
@zombetho
12 years ago
42 posts

Personally I think you should leave them the way they are, they look beautiful!!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form