Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Looking for baby dread maintenance advice?

Yohanson
@yohanson
13 years ago
6 posts

I'm new (: And I've decided to do one dread at a time, to not overwhelm myself, or my friends and family lol.

So I have one (my only) freshly backcombed dread which is kinda under my hair on the side of my head, and this is my 4th attempt.

This one is way nicer than the other times (2 of which were twist and rip). Twist and rip I think just doesn't work well with my hair type and condition.

Some info: I'm pretty much completely organic in regards to hygiene, other than the fact that I get my hair colored a few times a year. I use either Dr. Bronner's, baking soda, or just scrub my scalp with water for washing, depending on it's condition upon entering the shower. And I use sea salt water for styling. I'm going to look for aloe gel too.

Anyways, how can I keep this one going strong?

updated by @yohanson: 01/13/15 08:54:59PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

leave it alone let it dread do exactly as your doing but why didnt tnr work?

usualy it works better

and if u do 1 a day u might as well go natural and just let em dread at theyre own pace

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Yohanson
@yohanson
13 years ago
6 posts
I was thinking more along the lines of letting the first one start to lock up before starting the second.And my hair is extremely fine, and with twist and rip, the only way it would stay was by knotting into big loops and it was really uneven, and was hell to get out. It might work now if I tried since my hair is really dry from being backcombed, but I really like how the backcombing turned out instead.
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts
Loops are normal. That's how dreads form and lock up.

Yohanson said:
I was thinking more along the lines of letting the first one start to lock up before starting the second.

And my hair is extremely fine, and with twist and rip, the only way it would stay was by knotting into big loops and it was really uneven, and was hell to get out. It might work now if I tried since my hair is really dry from being backcombed, but I really like how the backcombing turned out instead.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

yea u should have left the tnr dread in it wss doing just fine

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form