Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

EMERGENCY

Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts

So today I decided to split one of my dreads because it wasn't dreading at all due to wax (which I NEVER use anymore) I split it and SO MUCH HAIR came out of it, like tons on the bottom so instead of it being long it shrank about 4 inches, now its a barely there dread and that part of my hair looks like im bald. Now I don't know what to do because I have two tiny tiny tiny dreads that are barely like 4 inches long and the rest of my hair is down to m shoulders.....ugh

Should I combine those small two again?

updated by @jordan-ezra: 01/13/15 08:54:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i wouldnt have split it to begin with but u can combine em or leave em alone its normal to have short mixed with long u will have new tiny babies pop up a few times a year ..so why not get used to it now...pics?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts
The one with the less dreads is the side I just re-did but then I twisted the two together and put a bead on it and im hoping that in months it will lock up. But now Im afraid to shower! Ugh
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

not sutre i even see what u mean unless its the orange bead and yea can deff yell ya still got wax to get out

which will be lil harder dueto the thickness

but the thing u did isnt noticible enough to matter

--
Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
How long have you had your locks? even if it's only been like a week, it makes sense for there to be alot of hair lost since the average person sheds hundreds of hairs a day, I would let it be, and the baldish spot will fill back in,trying to reattach the locks probably wouldn't end to well now that they've shrunk.but having locks of different lengths looks cool when they settle in, and i actually think your pictures look good,
Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts
Here are the two split apart, you can see how tiny they are....I don't know if I should keep them tiny although everywhere else I have BIG dreads, or if I should put them back together....
Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts
just with my fingers. But they are sooooooo tiny compared to the rest that i dont know if I just should put them back now

Knottysleeves said:

I split a bunch of my 2-year-old ones a few months ago, and yeah, you do lose some hair during the process because it breaks hairs (just like separating roots) and there's also a lot of loose hair inside the dreads from natural shedding that have nothing to hold on to anymore. It looks scarier than it is, trust me. :-) Just treat them gently and leave them alone, they will strengthen up within a few weeks. Mine have settled down and are finally gaining some thickness again.

How did you split them? I hope you didn't use scissors!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
those arent tiny haha the rest are just huge those are normal size leave em be

--
Jordan Ezra
@jordan-ezra
13 years ago
9 posts
you don't think they will look weird compared to my huge ones?

soaringeagle said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
no it would look weird if theyre all huge and no thin ones dreads should have a widse range of sizes that blend with thin ones filling the gaps between big so they look like a fuller head of dreadsu will alwayds have new thin ones pop up all the time too so get used to it

Jordan Ezra said:
you don't think they will look weird compared to my huge ones?

soaringeagle said:

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form