Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr. Bronners oh how i missed you

challie
@challie
13 years ago
19 posts

So first let me start by saying that im not telling anyone this is the way to go but just that i love it and want to give my experience about using.

I had been using knotty boy shampoo liquid form and it fealt tingly clean but id been noticing a builup which may have been causeing my dry scalp. The first time i dreaded i was using Dr. Bronners and loved it. Not sure why i didnt start with that this time but oh well. So the other day i went and got some Bronners of the tea tree kind and just washed my dreads. I noticed as i lightly scratched my scalp that this gunk was just coming right off. By gunk i meen moistened build up of residue and skin cells. Being that it was cleaning so well i washed my hair twice haha. Then i wrapped my dreads in a towel and when i took it off my still damp dreads fealt super tightened rather than loose like i experienced with the knotty boy. With Knotty Boy they would feel like they were falling apart when wet. Any way i just wanted to share my Dr. Bronners love story lol.

Oh and by the way ive heard people talk about diluting it before using and i never have. i put some on my hand and then my hair and it foams up so nice and just feels super duper clean.

updated by @challie: 02/14/15 07:55:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea its made to be diluteds 12 to 1 in fact

but yea id use bronners before any "dread soap" (except maylees gardens thats as good as broners maybe even better)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
challie
@challie
13 years ago
19 posts
what happens if it isnt diluted? why does it need to be?
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
I never use to dilute bronners either just use it like shampoo. Peppermints my fav although I use to mix it with the tea tree one. I do believe now I've dreaded back up I should treat myself to a bottle. Think I shall dilute as it makes it last longer then :) x
Neiva Bean
@neiva-bean
13 years ago
3 posts
I just purchased Dr. Bronner's :) I use it asa body wash though, I should try it as shampoo!
Matt8
@matt8
13 years ago
11 posts
This one girl I know's mom was a hair dresser and her older son had natural dreads and she noticed I was growing locks and wanted to pick me up Dr. Bronner's. I think I will take up on her offer now!
Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
Dr. Bronners I love you! I also feel like my locks are nice and tight and clean afterr a wash. I sometimes dilute, sometimes not and when I don't I like the way my locks feel even better. I just rinse really well. I always use peppermint...has anyone tried the eucalyptys one on their locks? Good?:)
Tim Barnes
@tim-barnes
13 years ago
25 posts
I just got the eucalyptus, but havent tried it yet!
Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
Let me know how you like it:)
Neiva Bean
@neiva-bean
13 years ago
3 posts
So I tried it as a shampoo, diluted it too. But maybe I didn't do it right...? I have the almond scented one, it left my hair feeling very greasy even though I did the ACV rinse. Again, maybe I didn't do it right. :(
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form