Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Time of Day to Wash

Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
I have twist and rip sections. Loose ones. Not knotting or looping yet. My hair does NOT like to tangle, I am almost three weeks in and STILL waiting for loops and knots! Anyway...I wash about 2x a week and so far I have washed in the AM and let them air dry during the day. I prefer to wash at night though. Can I let them dry while I sleep? Or will they be less likely to do what they are suppose to do if I am sleeping on them wet? I sleep on a textured wool sweater. Any help is appreciated!
updated by @macrina: 01/13/15 08:54:31PM
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
Is drying the only issue though? Because they are so thin still I think they will dry quickly. I am more considered about un-doing any possible progress I have made. KWIM?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i wash my hair at night but i'm a night owl so even if i wash around 7pm my hair still has enough time to dry before i go to bed. now i don't really have dreads yet since i'm only in my 4th month so maybe later on when they're solid dreads then i'll have to adjust things since they'll probably take longer to dry then.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
3 weeks is way earlt yo be expecting alotta loks and progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Yea try washing your hair more often actually. Just experiment see if it tightens them up it sure did for me. I dont reccomend going to sleep with them wet though..Be patient with em.

Juice
@juice
13 years ago
8 posts
I washed my hair right before i went to sleep and i woke up with crazy bed head. My hair dried all kinds of weird ways from sleeping on it! I recommend washing in the day, your hair dries in a more natural way i think.
Connie Puckett
@connie-puckett
13 years ago
15 posts
At almost 5 months, I find that if I go to bed with wet locs, I will wake up with beaver tails on the thicker ones. I try to wash in the am as much as possible
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form