Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

at the moment i feel like combing my hair out..

Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

so ive only had my hair doing its thing for a few weeks and im feeling a bit weird about it

the roots are a mess and im paranoid that they are not seperated properly its all super fuzzy and some hairs seemed to have crossed over and are now kinda like knots at the scalp across a section

im seperating them and the actual lengths are fine but right near the scalp its a bit messy.. and im worried that im doing it wrong lol

im worried that they are going to start getting really unruly and looking like a massive head of crap instead of dreads and i may need to look neat and tidy for some family legal stuff coming up

sigh..

if i could keep them looking reasonably neat it would be okay..

is there any help for me or should i just comb it out and go back to being a conformist straighted haired person lol:(

updated by @ashley-eve: 02/14/15 08:23:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

just keep seperating throuroyghly yiur doing fine just in the awkward early stages

lets see pics

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
If you need to look tidy for a day can you just pull them back? Because they will be messy for a while no matter what you do, and the more you do to try and make them look neat the more you risk damaging the hair that will keep them tight inthe timeto come. I agree withKnottysleeves about the aloe. If you use a little and slide it down the dread it will keep loose hairs close for a period of time, but too much palm rolling is harmful, I used to do it for work, now work accepts me and my crazy hair andI don't bother. Good luck to you, don't give up!
David E Glazai
@david-e-glazai
13 years ago
23 posts
I combined a few of mine early on, but only to find out that I really had no control over my hair because some of the combined ones separated on their own and some of the non-combined ones combined on their own lol, I like the randomness and it's all about patience honestly, I honestly think you should let your sections do their own thing and combine as they please because I'm sure you'd love the end result
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well some will combine into 1 dread so its not bad to use a lil control sometimes

--
Ashley Eve
@ashley-eve
13 years ago
43 posts

Okay so ive taken some pics i got my mum to try and seperate some of the sections it seems a bit better now

heres a pic of 1 week after i tnr'd my hair and heres 1 month after

this is the top

and this is underneath the right side im holding down its not that stuck together usually but it is very undone at the roots for like 2 or 3 inches

what do u think?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they look amazing

--
Denise ∞
@denise
13 years ago
83 posts
Looks good to me. :)
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
wow! i wish my hair looked this good. don't you dare comb them out. they look amazing!
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
where did you get the little silver beads in your hair from? so pretty.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form