dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

using bands??

Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

Hi!

This is my first discussionso bear with me :) i am just wondering... i have just put my first few dreads in and i am still getting to grips with the twist and rip method some working really well others not so much.

I am just wondering if using a couple of bands to hold them together a bit is a good idea or will i regret it after??!! i know everyones journy is different i just wondered if its a really bad plan or will it help for the first week or so?

I love the loose ends because they make them look dead girly but i just wondered ifbands will help them stay together a little better!!

ok well here goes...posted!

Thanks for any help in advance!!

Alex

updated by @alex-haighton-kerr: 01/13/15 08:53:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
bands are a bad idea trying to hold them together will not let em dread right even if they fall apart completely they need ti be d to move freely they will dread back up in no time if they fall apart but twist and rip generaly holds together better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

thankyou!! i did think that and i am currently just doing a little more work on the looser ones and it seems to be working for now! i never understood what you meant about having soft cuddley dreads since i never experianced it with my last set of waxy ones. Well i have done the baking soda rinse and wow i totally see what you mean, soft soft soft and ohhh so cuddly i so love my baby dreads! well only dreaded from nape of neck to top of my ears so i have a lot of work to do and plenty of time to get them looking good for the top of my head!

cant wait to add beads and wear scarves and wraps!! good start to the year, thanks so much for this amazing website! its so reassuring to find help and also know that how i am doing it is fine and not to worry and not to care what others may think as long as me myself is happy with my dreads.

:)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u should add yourself to the wax poll to the comed out or shavved and started over

butg yea i can imagine waxy dreads dont feel so great i never touched one (in a way lil paranoid to touch 1 in case i get my hands then my own dreads contaminated)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form