Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Come on little babies, grow already please!!!

Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Hello everyone out there!!! So I've had my dreads for 7 months now, and I feel lime they are still shrinking. About how long do the shrink up for? Especially the already tight ones. Just curious how long it took for others. :)
updated by @celeste: 02/14/15 07:02:05AM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
It is different for everyone. Mine seemed to shrink for over a year. Going on 3 yrs now and they are finally growing. and they are growing fast! Could be that i started taking biotin supplements :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
usually around 1 year they stop shrinking but it's different for everybody. A lot depends on weather or not there were any starter methods used and mainly what type of hair texture you have and sometimes the length you started with. Some people experience many stages of shrinking and then gaining length just to start with the shrinking again. Some people have very little shrinkage. So basically ya gotta wait and see! I started 9 months ago with hair to my bum and now it's at my shoulders and it has pretty much stopped shrinking now I *think*. :o)
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Mine are totally natural, I didn't use backcombing or anything and my hair is super tin and fine. Yours are so pretty! Well I guess I'll just wait and see! I'm also taking prenatals too see if that helps at all. Thank u for your input!! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

NaturalWomyn said:
usually around 1 year they stop shrinking but it's different for everybody. A lot depends on weather or not there were any starter methods used and mainly what type of hair texture you have and sometimes the length you started with. Some people experience many stages of shrinking and then gaining length just to start with the shrinking again. Some people have very little shrinkage. So basically ya gotta wait and see! I started 9 months ago with hair to my bum and now it's at my shoulders and it has pretty much stopped shrinking now I *think*. :o)
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
I guess I just have to play the waiting game!!! Thanks!!! :)

taye said:
It is different for everyone. Mine seemed to shrink for over a year. Going on 3 yrs now and they are finally growing. and they are growing fast! Could be that i started taking biotin supplements :)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Thanks! Let me know what ya think of the vitamins, if they seem to help or not, I've been thinking of doing the same. Thin hair usually shrinks up more as does long hair but if i were to guess(it is just a guess cause there's no way to predict) I'd say by a year you'll have some more length or at least notice them not getting shorter! Take some pics of the back of your head every few months. Sometimes it's hard when we see our own hair everyday to really tell much of difference. Many Blessings

Celeste said:
Mine are totally natural, I didn't use backcombing or anything and my hair is super tin and fine. Yours are so pretty! Well I guess I'll just wait and see! I'm also taking prenatals too see if that helps at all. Thank u for your input!! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

NaturalWomyn said:
Celeste
@celeste
13 years ago
48 posts
Will do!!! I'll let ya know about the vitamins, ive only been taking them about a week. Thanks!!! :)

NaturalWomyn said:
Thanks! Let me know what ya think of the vitamins, if they seem to help or not, I've been thinking of doing the same. Thin hair usually shrinks up more as does long hair but if i were to guess(it is just a guess cause there's no way to predict) I'd say by a year you'll have some more length or at least notice them not getting shorter! Take some pics of the back of your head every few months. Sometimes it's hard when we see our own hair everyday to really tell much of difference. Many Blessings

Celeste said:

NaturalWomyn said:
Macrina
@macrina
13 years ago
41 posts
From what I have heard the prenatals don't help with hair growth, it's being preggers that makes your hair grow like crazy! But that's not really a fair exchange just for some fast hair growth ;)

NaturalWomyn said:

Celeste said:

NaturalWomyn said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts
8 -11 months usualy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
I have thin hair too, but none of mine have shrunk. They just get really hard. The only ones that "shrink" are the ones with loops because the hair is curving. Guess it's different with everyone.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form