Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Disgusted..

dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts

Hello everyone. I know I don't post much on here but I am always on. I'm a bit of a "lurker". Anyways, I came across this article that I wanted to share with you all because it makes me sick and also it makes me laugh at just how ignorant people still are.. especially in the media. This doesn't surpise me in any way sadly, but it still makes me sick:

http://www.cleveland.com/style/index.ssf/2010/03/american_idol_contestants_drea.html

Hopefully it can still bring at least a few chuckles on how misinformed people are.. I wish people would research before they open their big mouths.

Much love and peace,

Nicole

updated by @dreaded-delusion: 02/14/15 08:05:44AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
wow for all the reasearch they did they got it all wrong and isnt that just like a scumbag loctician to say beautiful dreads look a mess and she needs her help?ppl are idiots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts
you're right, that waskinda funny. SO many things wrong with that article. i just wanna know, where are people FROM where dreadlocks are THAT uncommon?! i don't go a single day without seeing at least one other person with dreads! and yeah, i'm talking white people! :-o haha
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
I know!! And SE, I was thinking the SAME thing about the loctician! Oddly enough I had an african american woman come to me on the street telling me she wanted to "fix" my dreads saying she was a loctician. I laughed at her. It's an insult! And Eva, I agree!! I see lots of people with locs around here of all colors. LOTS that are white. But yeah, and the fact they call it braids and also that shes "growing them out" there's no such thing! haha. I get that one a lot too "are you growing them out?" umm no. :p
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
Hahahaha! Love it!!

Suzanne Beattie said:

..but..but.. they quoted a whole line from the "Encyclopedia of Hair"...hahaha

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Dreads are still pretty uncommon depending on where you live. Particularly on caucasions, at least out here in utah. I have seen four people total out here with dreads in the past 10 years. Two of whom were tongan. They are on the rise though and becoming trendier.
neil coe
@neil-coe
13 years ago
361 posts
ppl are just crazy, i think she looks good with her locks : )
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
13 years ago
15 posts
"Shes keeping her dreads even though some viewers don't like it". As if what people think should make a difference. I mean sure she wants votes but dreads are a lifestyle not just a "oh they don't like it-guess I'll cut them off" kinda thing. One thing that's wierd is I have had several older ladies LOVE my dreads and I wasn't sure they would, my own grandma doesn't care for them, but others do.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

I'm in a similar spot. Somehow, living in SoCal, you hardly see anyone with dreadlocks out here. I've seen maybe three people excluding myself... maybe. And though you would think that a giant melting pot like California would be accepting of things like that, I still get rude comments about my race, andhygiene...mostly from natives! It's the people that are from out of state that typically have nice things to say about my hair...

Thundersquall said:

Dreads are still pretty uncommon depending on where you live. Particularly on caucasions, at least out here in utah. I have seen four people total out here with dreads in the past 10 years. Two of whom were tongan. They are on the rise though and becoming trendier.
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Yeah, I only see one other person ever with dreads, here in Arkansas. He is a fellow runner, so I see him at least once a month at races, but that's it. IT, do y'all hear me?? I'm starved for dread appreciative people in my physical world like I've got here in my online world!!

Faelwynn said:

I'm in a similar spot. Somehow, living in SoCal, you hardly see anyone with dreadlocks out here. I've seen maybe three people excluding myself... maybe. And though you would think that a giant melting pot like California would be accepting of things like that, I still get rude comments about my race, andhygiene...mostly from natives! It's the people that are from out of state that typically have nice things to say about my hair...

Thundersquall said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form