Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlocks in the Pool (Chlorine)

Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts

SE i'm sure you have some insight...i used to work for a pool cleaning company soo i know how dispicable the stuff that goes into the swimming pool is...i would walk into the garage of chemicals and stuff and my eyes and nose would just start running painfully its really a disgusting thing...but what is the deal with chlorine and whatever else with dreadlocks ...i assume as long as i rinse out my dreads or wash them after it will be fine but does anyone have any input as to whether the pool is a good or bad idea?

updated by @zach2: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
well yea wash out but..heres the thinhg..its alkaline like bakinmg soda vinagers acidic if u swim in chlorine use soap not bs but stuill do the vinager to get a good ph

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts
cool thank u
Zach2
@zach2
13 years ago
20 posts

really good point about absorbing with fresh water first thank you
Knottysleeves said:

Do you wear a swim cap? Best way to deal with chlorine is to not get it on your dreads in the first place. :-)

If you don't wear a cap, then get your dreads thoroughly wet with plain water BEFORE getting into the pool -- they'll absorb less chlorine that way. Then rinse them again really really well once you get out of the pool.

I'm told rinsing with a little club soda will neutralize the chlorine, though you might want to use it as a soak instead (to make sure it gets into the dread cores).

Amazing Grace
@amazing-grace
13 years ago
14 posts
So, I shouldnt use the baking soda after swimming? hmmmm....now the question what type of soap should i use..... hmmmm i wonder
Dislike 1

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form