Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dont want a messed up scalp, dont want to cut, thinking about combing out!

stuart lake
@stuart-lake
13 years ago
7 posts

hey,

so long story short when i was 16 my friend backcombed in some dreads, he sectioned all the hair off first with rubber bands and then dreadded them one by one. 2 years later for some stupid reason i cut them. always used kb shampoo bar and never had even a flake of druff!

10 months ago i decided i wanted them back. a friend of a friend put them in. didn't section them off one by one and instead grabbed random sections and began backcombing and stabbing them with a hook and then im pretty sure she threaded the end through the root and pulled it tight.

so it took them about 3 months to lay flat and i had some seriously bad dandruff, bleeding sores and lumps!

so right now the druff isn't as bad but it's still there and i still picking lumps of yellow skin off my head! some of the dreads are ok at the root but some just feel like they're stretching my scalp! im sure they're not supposed to be like that? i was debating cutting them off/combing them out and starting all over again.

obviously would like to comb out rather than shave as id have to grow my hair again to dread it. want to know what everyones oppinion is? id obviously like to keep them in because some are really tight and i'd be losing 10 months progress but at the same time i want my healthy scalp back!

updated by @stuart-lake: 01/13/15 08:52:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

what u got was crocheted and interlocked 2 extremelyy bad things to do to dreads and the tightness us way too tight and u should try to loosen them uo they are very damaged and weakkeded by all that so u can naturalize them but combing out is another option too and not a bad 1 tho u will lose handfulls of hair

condition them well to loosen and soften use jojoba oil every wash till theyre feeling better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mia Elizabeth
@mia-elizabeth
13 years ago
45 posts

i am sorry that happened to you. Peace & Love,

Mia

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form