dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

7 years no combing= no dreads 1 month of intentional no combing=dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i got this message on my facebook just now

the person had looked online on how to dread and backcombed 1 dread then found us and decided to let the rest dread itself

this was a part of that message i thought was worth posting

1 month ago I looked on the internet how to make them and decided to make 1 in the back of my hair with the backcombing method. Afterwards,even on the same day, I found your site and read a bit through it. Idecided to do nothing about my hair but washing it (Which i do with Drbronner, I saw we had that at home)

I thought I would regret mybackcombed dread but it turned out fine so far. Now, only one monthfurther, my backcombed dread is locking up really well and I discoveredloads of baby dreads in the back of my hair also. :) But I decided notto backcomb any more dreads.
It's actually funny that it is at least 7years ago since i combed my hair but never got any dreads, and I evenhave quite curly hair. DECIDING to do nothing about your hair is a worldof difference compared to just doing nothing about your hair.

the intention to dread may haver more to do with dreading then any methods just deciding to let it dread and living as if you already have dreads will get you the dreads you desire

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:52:36PM
meg ☮
@meg
14 years ago
92 posts
Maybe the guy or girl failed to mention that they detangles with their fingers? My friend hasn't combed his hair in years, but he keeps big knots at bay with his fingers. (one day he will start dreading though. I'm so excited!)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well thats where intention comes in when your intentionaly not combing u become more aware of the finger combing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
14 years ago
137 posts
I work with a girl who does not brush or comb her hair, since she started growing it out. It has been a few years and she has no dreads, but she does use conditioner after washing. She also does not want dreads, she just doesn't comb. I'm thinking it is part how you treat your hair, and part the desire to have dreads...
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
13 years ago
15 posts
I haven't combedy hair in years but i used lots of conditioner and finger combed as well. I wanted dreads just wasn't sure when and then the back of my head dreaded up and I couldn't get em out so I was like well must be time so I backcombed some in the front to speed things up a little and everywhere I couldn't see to backcomb just dreaded up nicely.

meg said:
Maybe the guy or girl failed to mention that they detangles with their fingers? My friend hasn't combed his hair in years, but he keeps big knots at bay with his fingers. (one day he will start dreading though. I'm so excited!)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
I have a problem with touching my hair all the time, that's why I bought a tam. I gotta break the habit of touching my head. :/
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form