Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dr bronners?

Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts

I want to try Dr Bronners, are they all good? Anyone have any preference? Where do you purchase?

Thanks, all!

updated by @khristina: 01/13/15 08:52:34PM
Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
14 years ago
40 posts
I thought this said Dr. Boomers. Bubble popped. Well... No I'm out.
Vates
@vates
14 years ago
66 posts
I bought mine from amazon lol its pretty good I notice that it works best with really hot water though .... I have the citris one liquid soap
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
You should be able to find Dr. Bronners at your local organic healthfood store (Good earth etc). It is a quality organic soap but for some people not as good for shampooing dreads if you have "hard" water, which makes it leave a certain residue behind in the hair. I dont like the peppermint mainly cause if that gets onto the crotch by accident WHOOOOOOO but otherwise i reccomend them, just make sure you dilute.
L-ray Sepulvado
@l-ray-sepulvado
14 years ago
25 posts
I tried the peppermint liquid, found mine at a vita mart, some vitamin store. I believe thats true about the hard water. i have hard water and it leaves a nasty residue feeling in my locks. Give it a try, if you don't like it in your hair, it's still cool to have around. PEACE
Khristina
@khristina
14 years ago
22 posts
hahaha..........

Thundersquall said:
You should be able to find Dr. Bronners at your local organic healthfood store (Good earth etc). It is a quality organic soap but for some people not as good for shampooing dreads if you have "hard" water, which makes it leave a certain residue behind in the hair. I dont like the peppermint mainly cause if that gets onto the crotch by accident WHOOOOOOO but otherwise i reccomend them, just make sure you dilute.
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Dr. Bronners is a fine soap to use. I'd suggest diluting the liquid soap a bit, though. I personally prefer the soap bars to the liquid soap, but either is good. You can purchase it straight from the Dr. Bronners website, in case you didn't know already. 32.oz for 15 bucks isn't bad, considering how long it lasts. Shipping is free for orders 20 dollars or more as well.Lol, Thundersquall. I actually like that feeling.
Khristina
@khristina
13 years ago
22 posts

So, found dr. bronners at target on the bottom shelf.......bought the tea tree (orange bottle) and tried it yesterday. I know it is super concentrated but figured I could just use it sparingly and not have to premix 12-1. I'm used to using either the the bs wash or dreadhead shampoo. Well in the shower, I would use 3-4 drops, rub my hands really well and then apply to my hair. I did that about 3-4 times.........couldn't really tell if I got my whole head, didn't really lather up.

Don't care for the smell, it is a cross between motor oil and furniture polish. So not really sure yet how I feel about it....will try again.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form