Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Style my dreads please...

SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts

Hello ppl, its been a long time since I have been active here cz I have been busy with some projects.
How the fruition of some early projects came in form of earning Best SHorT Film nomination at Jaipur International Film Festival...

I'm psyched about it as I get to walk the Red Carpet for the award ceremony which brings to my question..

Any tips on how to style them locs for the official event? I'll most probably we wearing a tux...

You can see the length of dreads in my pics...its about 3-4inches above my waist..but shorter is front cz i have layered hair.....

So what do you guys think?

Ash

updated by @sillywalkingminister: 01/13/15 08:52:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
just tie em back neatly unless u wanna do something fancy and fun

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
fancy and fun please!?
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts

OMG I wish I wasclose so I could help! I always have ideas for how I would put my dreads up and around if they were longer, and your hair would be so fun to style. I love it!

I agree, something fun more than up would be more interesting, so I'm thinking depending on how you're sectioned you can sort of weave up and through and around the dreads all around your head. I've seen some good updos on this site. I prefer entropy, organized chaos for updos. It looks so fun but not so disheveled that it looks unkept. My dreads are so short (shrinkage) otherwise I'd do some styles and take pics to show.

I found some stuff online in pictures, my favorite is the sort of back and forth through around over and through just basket weaved loose styles. Tight styles look painful and impossible, most are on women with sisterlocks. Most pictures of updos are on women, but I am sure most will look good on a man too! Here's what I found:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts

WOW thanks so much tatyananashi !!! I'm gonna try these and see if they work....cheers once again.. let keep the ideas flowing :D
tatyananashi said:

OMG I wish I wasclose so I could help! I always have ideas for how I would put my dreads up and around if they were longer, and your hair would be so fun to style. I love it!

I agree, something fun more than up would be more interesting, so I'm thinking depending on how you're sectioned you can sort of weave up and through and around the dreads all around your head. I've seen some good updos on this site. I prefer entropy, organized chaos for updos. It looks so fun but not so disheveled that it looks unkept. My dreads are so short (shrinkage) otherwise I'd do some styles and take pics to show.

I found some stuff online in pictures, my favorite is the sort of back and forth through around over and through just basket weaved loose styles. Tight styles look painful and impossible, most are on women with sisterlocks. Most pictures of updos are on women, but I am sure most will look good on a man too! Here's what I found:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form