Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

goin natural...Have patience but whats up?

Josh Driscoll
@josh-driscoll
14 years ago
3 posts
I dont think I am too jaded on the idea of the natural method....just let it happen and see the growth. Well ive been doin the natural method tips...ie dont comb dont wash too often and all tha jazz for almost 3 months and my hair is still about the same. i have very wavy curly hair thats pretty thick too. Am I doin something wrong? i surf a lot so i get salt in there everyday almost and i do a baking soda was little less than once a week. Anyone got any ideas?
updated by @josh-driscoll: 01/13/15 08:52:32PM
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
What do you wash with, just bs? Do you follow with acv? Do you scrub/run your hands through your hair?My friend with curly hair never gets tangles because the curls keep her hair shaped specifically leading to minimal movement to cause tangling. Also some curly hair has really smooth shafts.
Josh Driscoll
@josh-driscoll
14 years ago
3 posts
yeah just bs. and i dont follow up with acv...i dont scrub my hair or run my fingers through it I just dump the mix on my head and shake. its not like ringlet curls just wavy enough to have a few. should i wool hat this mop i got?

tatyananashi said:
What do you wash with, just bs? Do you follow with acv? Do you scrub/run your hands through your hair?
My friend with curly hair never gets tangles because the curls keep her hair shaped specifically leading to minimal movement to cause tangling. Also some curly hair has really smooth shafts.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yea man, just keep on going, you will see progress soon, mine is all natural and it was a slow start but now my head is full of tangles, everyday i see more progress, just give it time and they will form
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how longs the hair? 3 months is average for dreads to start so your not that slow really

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Josh Driscoll
@josh-driscoll
14 years ago
3 posts

im not lookin for full dreads yet but at least some sort of progress....you know a few tangles here and there some kind of clumping. my hair is about 5 inches id say mas o menos a few. should I go for any kind of wool hat or i mean how long inbetween bs washings or even wetting in the first place. I know its hard to say cuz all hair is different but im just wonderin a bit ya know?

Keep it breezy

tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts

I never wore a wool tam or anything, but I know most people who do neglect give it a chance to help things along. I think it helps more because it keeps your hair in one area so it can tangle than anything else.

How did you hair tangle previously to starting? Like me for instance would get unintentional locks from going out on a windy day, driving with the windows open, swimming, and really anything I did, regardless of the fanciest, most expensive most effective claimed conditioners. My hair decided for me. I have a sister who doesn't have to brush her hair or use conditioner ever, her hair is just tangle free, it is her genetics.

I personally find that following the BS with ACV helps: I had some short (maybe 2-4 inches) small clumps of hair that were loose from coming out through congo ripping, and didn't really fit in any dread nearby so I was hoping they'd dread on their own (I was making them into tiny braids until I felt they were long enough). I thought if I did just bs it would happen: nothing. I thought maybe bs and some salt water (it had been recommended to me) and again nothing. So I just went back to doing my BS/ACV how I do and a few hours after my shower before my hair was fully dry I noticed those sections were knotting together. I know people say ACV is conditioning, but it's more like balancing than conditioning. It isn't slippy, but it will keep your hair from feeling brittle, and I think the soft movement is why it enabled the hair to actually grab and tangle after using ACV in my routine again.

I do scrub too, I know a lot of people dont because it pulls out knots, but I knew my hair and it likes to knot no matter what I do (to prevent tangles when I wasn't dreading was to avoid touching my hair, scrubbing it caused tangles for me)

Josh Driscoll said:

im not lookin for full dreads yet but at least some sort of progress....you know a few tangles here and there some kind of clumping. my hair is about 5 inches id say mas o menos a few. should I go for any kind of wool hat or i mean how long inbetween bs washings or even wetting in the first place. I know its hard to say cuz all hair is different but im just wonderin a bit ya know?

Keep it breezy

Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
13 years ago
33 posts
just know natural takes a long long time! years!!! to fully lock!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

usualy not true at all

but u got 5 inches

nsatural usualy takes 6

2 months u will have 6 and some dreadin

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags