Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is it bad for my dreads if I occasionally put them in a ponytail using a hair elastic?

Andrea
@andrea
15 years ago
4 posts
Sometimes I like to put my dreads up in a ponytail using a hair elastic, it leaves a little bit of a kink in some of my dreads afterward, but they go back to normal pretty quickly. So how bad is this for my dreads?
updated by @andrea: 01/13/15 08:26:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well depends on tightness if they are the type with string wrapped around theyre not as bad as plain rubber bandsif your dreads are long enough tho just tie 1 or 2 round the rest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
Photobucket i use hair ties' the red one is an old one i found i stop using them after awhile because they stretch out to much after awhile Photobucket this one i just pulled out of my hair.i guess the elastic is on the inside or something. they last me for awhile if i dont stretch it out to much by like wrapping t a second time.I almost always have my hair up it's hot in Texas. when i'm cold their down... thats really it. as long as you separate the roots and i have to do that like once every 1-2 weeks. but it hasnt hurt mine yet
BrotherMat
@brothermat
15 years ago
11 posts
No, it wont hurt themI actually cant wait till mine grow that extra 2-3 inches they need to be able to tie em back, in Australia the 45-46 degree celsius days get too much, sweat dripped down the back of my neck almost every day last summer, and my dreads absorbed all of it, not cool
Andrea
@andrea
15 years ago
4 posts
alright cool, thanks for the advice you guys. and yeah kellye, those elastics are the type I've been using so I'll stick with those and hope everything works out fine
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i think hes saying dont tie a knot thats correct, just tucking 1 dread under another and pulling slightly tight is all u need

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form