Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Has dreadlocks increased your sex appeal?

Brick Layer
@brick-layer
14 years ago
15 posts
This has been kind of an on going video discussion on youtube so i was thinking why not ask the people on the forum. I can't really speak on the matter just yet because my dreads are super tiny, but has dreadlocks increased your sex appeal?
updated by @brick-layer: 03/12/17 10:34:17AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts

to worthwhile ppl hell yes to worthless ppl hell no

it repells the worthlerss but attracts the worthwhikle

its win win

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dave2
@dave2
14 years ago
71 posts

i have certainly noticed more attention and it's predominantly from younger females(i'm 45)

i don't think i'm better looking, i believe(hope)it is the individulality(confidence) that i am expressing that makes me stand out more from the rest.

in other words these people already found me attractive, my choice to dread just made me stand out as an individual which is what they find extra appealing.

" Attraction is very much a chemical thing and much of it is primal"

True but how many people wont act on their heart yet rather worry what others will think of them.
I dont look at people that prejudice me as awful but immature and yes i kinda do avoid them as i find in general they have nothing to offer me.
"you can't really force yourself to be attracted to someone or something"
no but you can easily be forced/co-erced not to so being attracted to someone does not always mean you will act on it whether you desperately want to or not.
just my two cents worth anyway :)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
agreee knotty sleeves its all about confidence, and when my dreads starting maturing a looking good i felt complete i felt like i had done what i need to do now i can grw as a person and my confidence sky rocketed and in turn it increased my sex appeal. Its because ure comfortable with who you are and people pick up off that. Spead the positive vibes man

Knottysleeves said:

I think self-confidence is the key to sex appeal, whether a person has dreads or not. :-)

If someone's not attracted to me simply because I have dreads, or a piercing, or tattoos, or whatever... that's fine. I don't get upset about it or think they're an awful person. Attraction is very much a chemical thing and much of it is primal -- you can't really force yourself to be attracted to someone or something. Either you feel it, or you don't. Such is life.

Traelon
@traelon
14 years ago
29 posts
I think mine has definitely increased. All my friends tell me that I'm a lot cuter now that I have dreads or that I look a lot better with dreads than short hair or an afro and when I joke about cutting them they are all like "nooo!" lol. Also it adds unique-ness. A lot of people don't have dreads and those that do get recognized a lot easier and a lot more with having dreads.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
definitely. i get approached allllllll theee tiiiiiiiime now. it's crazy! i'm not single, but i'm a leo so i happen to love it. :-/ hahaha it's very flattering

i also think it's because dreads are basically a walking conversation piece and a good excuse to touch someone. an "easy in". haha
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
Lol yea, But that wasn't the idea for me. Originally one (not so significant) reason (among the MANY) that I got dreads was to repel girls. (I hate getting flirted with, I feel people become dishonestly friendly.) But it hasn't really worked so far :( lots of girls think they look attractive
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Im sorry eva but judging by your pic i would thinkyou would be approached all the time anyways dreads or no lol and meant that in a complimentary way.

Eva Lovelocks said:
definitely. i get approached allllllll theee tiiiiiiiime now. it's crazy! i'm not single, but i'm a leo so i happen to love it. :-/ hahaha it's very flattering

i also think it's because dreads are basically a walking conversation piece and a good excuse to touch someone. an "easy in". haha
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I think it might increase my sex appeal once they are longer/more matured, yea. Mainly cause i have always been told i look like a shorter version of Lenny Kravitz hence his dreads....not that that is why i began my natural journey mind you, just a strange coincedence.Well, other then the fact that my wife doesnt want me getting them, and my sex appeal to her is all that matters. But hey, she will get used to em.
Fitz the viking
@fitz-the-viking
12 years ago
9 posts
Don't know if people think I am more attractive but I get more compliments about my dreads than I did with kidney length straight blonde hair.
updated by @fitz-the-viking: 07/23/15 04:36:27PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form