Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ok i gnotta get this off my chest

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when a certain person here found n dreadheadhq a page that had a diagram of how to interlock but with a description calling it crochetting that certain person was very vocal about pointing out the fact that konny clean knew nothing abiout dreads becise he didnt know the difference between crochet and interlovckingtso what are these 2 very diferent things? different mewthods defined by different terms thats what they are right? but how dare you define what the natural method means without being attacked and called an elitist?dee u an elistist because you know the difference between crochet and interlocking?now when ever any big site gets big the admins become a target of attacks for simply trying to run a sitei have seen this on everery sitedso i make a post to define a word and ask that people simply not argue but only 2 out of 8 posts were capable of not arguing?now i will say this loud andd clear..i am not against backcombing i am not against twist and rip im not even against crochet or wax what i am against is being inocent victoms who are unaware of the harm these things do thats alli do not believe anyones bettewr because they used 1 method over another (some of the biggest assholes i ever met had natural dreads)however think for a momment..as putrely a statement of which iis most or least damaging..not better just less harmful from that standpoint alone it is possible to rank what does the most harmnow some people ay like the results they get from backcombing better so what thats wonderful be happy for thyemi ambut being an admin of a large site ppl put u in that authotitarian place where your the enemy and its all fight the power mentality and its bullshiti am in no way an elitist no matter how many ti8mes u say it till u believe itbut i am honnest and i will always be honnest about what is bad for dreads..if u like the results fine like the results but knbow the possible oiyutcome that is my whole purpose in telling ppl whats not good for dreadshow many waxy dreads have we had here and how many times have i said dude your dreads suck?what the fuck is wrong with trying to help pll have healthier dreads?merry fucking cristmass i feel like closing the damn site tonighti know its a very small number of ppl who are sayinfg shit but its extremely disapointing and just makes me want to say fuck it and let you all figure out for yourselves what is hurting your dreads(this is not directed towards anyone just voicing my frustration and i probly wont close the site but i dunno

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 03:39:54AM
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
Wow. I feel like you need a hug! So here's one for you along with a smile and my love >hugs!< You sound very tired and frustrated and I don't blame you. It must take an awful lot of time and energy to run this site and I am sure you don't hear enough thanks. But you know that there are a ton of people on here who do appreciate all your work, your kind words of encouragement, and your advice. So have yourself a nice hot cup of tea, sit back, relax, and know that you are indeed loved and appreciated and so is your site. Don't let the grumblers affect you, you know better anyway. You have helped too many people and have given a voice to so many others to allow a few idiots get you down. I don't generally post much, but this girl loves to log on everyday, poke around, and see if there is anything new to learn and I'm very glad you are here!
j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts

ill be the first to commend you on a well brought together site with alot of information , information that best decribes wut methods are and how they have affected dreads..

i also commend you on how you patiently answer some of the same fuckin question at least 100 times a month..that could easly be found if new users would just fuckin use the search..

i totally understand and dont hold it against you u ifwana flip out on sum of thees maggots..haha

ur awesome SR..

thank you for dreadlockssite i dnt have the patience

j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts

p.s

i got this dro to fill ur lungs with ;)

brotha its some mellow ace shit..let me know..lol

Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
I second that mention of answering the same question over and over - how annoying! But you always patiently answer kindly, which is pretty impressive. I know I would not have that patience, and I admire you for being able to put up with it as graciously as you do.

j.boy said:

ill be the first to commend you on a well brought together site with alot of information , information that best decribes wut methods are and how they have affected dreads..

i also commend you on how you patiently answer some of the same fuckin question at least 100 times a month..that could easly be found if new users would just fuckin use the search..

i totally understand and dont hold it against you u ifwana flip out on sum of thees maggots..haha

ur awesome SR..

thank you for dreadlockssite i dnt have the patients

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
14 years ago
137 posts

Allright, I have to say that I'm a dreadlock idiot. I am so happy that I waited until now to start dreading my hair because I have wanted to for about 10 years, but never knew any methods. If I had started when I first wanted, I would have most definitely used back combing and wax. I began back combing with the help of friends, my mother combed it out. I didn't know where to find the wax, which I am happy about now. Nearly 10 years after I decided I love the look, low maintenance, and journey that comes along with drealocks, I found them all over the internet. I found youtube videos of what I believed to be the "least damaging method" Twist and Rip. Soon after beginning, I found this site. I am so overwhelmingly thrilled to have found this site full of amazing advice, trustwothy and down to earth people. Life-changing, I never even knew that you could just leave your hair alone and let it dread...I never knew that it would naturally! That is where I am a dreadlock idiot. Since TnR I haven't done a damn thing to my hair, and I am thrilled with how it is beginning to lock up and be more natural than I ever thought. This site gives you all the info you need to have the most natural, healthy hair, and help you forget about all the lies society feeds you. Hair adviceis only the beginning of what this site offers...I could go on, but I won't right now. Thank you soaringeagle for your insight, patience, love and non-bias. You have a great thing here, in my opinion, that I believe the benefits far out weigh the crap that you will encounter...thank you, keep doing what you are doing, you change one life-it causes a chain reaction. You change many, from what I've seen here in the few short weeks I've known this site.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

im feeling beter after talking to others here too

just a bad day and dealing with some just agrevating people

but i know the sites appreciated and thats why i spend 18-20 hours a day here helping pll

it just sucks when u get verbal attacks for trying to help ppl understand dreads better

group hugs and thanks

and it was just a very small group of ppl causing the frustration

love you all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
Yea dude I appreciate you like, so much!
DISCREPANCY
@discrepancy
14 years ago
9 posts
i second this statement. lol cheers!

Andelynn said:
Wow. I feel like you need a hug! So here's one for you along with a smile and my love >hugs!< You sound very tired and frustrated and I don't blame you. It must take an awful lot of time and energy to run this site and I am sure you don't hear enough thanks. But you know that there are a ton of people on here who do appreciate all your work, your kind words of encouragement, and your advice. So have yourself a nice hot cup of tea, sit back, relax, and know that you are indeed loved and appreciated and so is your site. Don't let the grumblers affect you, you know better anyway. You have helped too many people and have given a voice to so many others to allow a few idiots get you down. I don't generally post much, but this girl loves to log on everyday, poke around, and see if there is anything new to learn and I'm very glad you are here!
Dave2
@dave2
14 years ago
71 posts

mate don't ya dare shut it down, i just got back on(installed firefox,thanx for tip)

you sound like you got a small case of the holiday blues,

end of the year and ya just want to let it all go and relax(party) but there's always someone that needs to bitch.

it is very hard to express ones-self on a forum.

without hearing the tone of a conversation, what emphasis is put on what words it is near impossible to gauge what someone is actually trying to say.

writing to be clearly understood is not an easy task or we would all be internationally famous authors.

mate to me you epitomise the "dready"- kind, patient and caring for others.

look at the people your site has brought together and for every member here there would have to be someone not here that members have helped or educated so double the number of members and thats a hell of a lot of people you have had a hand in bringing together in the name of dreaded harmony.

Mate you've had a hell of a year- job well done..

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form