Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

still have residue

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts

i got lavender and teatree oils, and right after using them the first time it seemed that it worked, but then i realized it didnt. i still have lots of residue. now i don't want to give up after 3 months, so i'd like to knowa way to wash without BS, in hope that that is the real problem. im not sure what exactly the buildup is, but i know it makes my scalp itchy and very visible to me. has anyone else had this problem, or do they still have it, and how they treated it, because i love my dreadlocks very much, and don't want to have to get rid of them because of some stupid residue...i need them to be squeaky clean

updated by @julie-ellis: 01/13/15 08:51:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

how much oils did u use?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts

not much, like 3 squirts of each in with a mix of 1 gallon of water and 1/4 bs

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

1/4 cup and what do u mewan by squirts

did it have a dropper if u used 3 droppers full thats way way way too much

are the oils real essential oils 1st off

u want to use 10 drops teratree 30 rosemary and lavander at most or less

how long were u soaking

and most importantly did u rinse well then do the acvg rinse

if u dont do the acv your scalp will be all dried out and cause issues

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts

no i didn't have a dropper, and yes they are 100% real haha, i just turned over the bottle and made three drops of each in...i soaked for 10 mins maybe a few mins over..and yes i rinsed it all with cold water, at least as cold as i could stand...

and no i did not do an acv wash, i don't even have that, i have regular white vinegar that i've used once.

do i have to do both washes every time, like the bs and oils, and acv

Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts

should i get acv or will white vinegar work just as well?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

any vinagers fine

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

bs throws the ph way off from 5 to 9 acv brings it back so yea u shiuld use it everytime

Julie Ellis said:

no i didn't have a dropper, and yes they are 100% real haha, i just turned over the bottle and made three drops of each in...i soaked for 10 mins maybe a few mins over..and yes i rinsed it all with cold water, at least as cold as i could stand...

and no i did not do an acv wash, i don't even have that, i have regular white vinegar that i've used once.

do i have to do both washes every time, like the bs and oils, and acv

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts

yea my dreads aren't very mature yet, but they are doing beautifully, thats why i reallly don't want to have to get rid of them.

i've read in a post that if you have baby dreads and use acv that you just don't put alot in and you don't keep it in too long.

but ill will keep trying different things and keep posting. i just want to know for sure that not all dreads have this problem, that they are capable of being well maintained without residue stuck to your scalp, its soooo annoying.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form