Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Here :D

Jacob Laster
@jacob-laster
14 years ago
22 posts
Hello everyone, i have some bad news and some bad news.The bad news is i lied, just putting this out there i wasnt sure if you would allow me to join your forums, but i am only 16. But i am very mature.The other bad news is my dad, he is very... military oriented to be nice. And refuses to allow me to go on the journey as to get dreadlocks, i need your help and advice, please and thank you.Merry meet,Jacob
updated by @jacob-laster: 02/14/15 03:49:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

acrualy he cant really stop u just make your life hell but u can be mature and explain yourself as to9 why u want em and demand respect

we have no age limmit we have dreadheads as young as 9 and well parentsd who have dreaded kits under 1 or 2

u dont gotta lie just be you

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts

Well, you can tell him that I was going to be a Marine, but since I have asthma I wasn't permitted to join the Corps and I have dreadlocks...

So it's not like we're all anti-military hippies.

And you can show him pictures of some reaaally good looking dread locks and say "This is what my hair will look like when it's all locked up."

Talk about how you can get a job regardless of your hair and that (if you want to) you can attend colleges and people won't judge you on it. Honestly, it's just hair. Shouldn't be that big of a deal...

and if anything just stop combing your hair and let it grow. What's he gonna do, force a brush on you? :P

Collin Jones
@collin-jones
14 years ago
1 posts

how bad do you really want them? really consider everything i myself just started, ive wanted them for about 5years now and just said fuck it and did it. so my advice would be kinda just take everything into consideration and figure out your motives ya know? and if you really think you wanna do it than why not.and as far as your pops goes he may not respect your decision and your his kid you know hes gonna love you no matter what so me personally id say fuck it and go for it!

Jacob Laster
@jacob-laster
14 years ago
22 posts

Hah, youd be suprised. Sorry for vulgarity here, but as a child, his cure for anything he couldnt control was to beat the shit out of me, as in chase me with a belt, or spoon, branch or whatever he could get ahold of. He was a drill sergeant for 20 years. Soaringeagle, i understand, and i apologize.

I probably will just stop brushing my hair but im biracial, german and black. so im not sure if that helps or makes it more difficult, ive been getting my hair thinned out so ill have to let it grow back out.

Any reccomendations as to telling my dad that im doing what i want as far as my hair goes? i mean im an all A student, and im getting a job. i dont see what he is so pissed about. he controls everything lol.

Brandon Arnold said:

Well, you can tell him that I was going to be a Marine, but since I have asthma I wasn't permitted to join the Corps and I have dreadlocks...

So it's not like we're all anti-military hippies.

And you can show him pictures of some reaaally good looking dread locks and say "This is what my hair will look like when it's all locked up."

Talk about how you can get a job regardless of your hair and that (if you want to) you can attend colleges and people won't judge you on it. Honestly, it's just hair. Shouldn't be that big of a deal...

and if anything just stop combing your hair and let it grow. What's he gonna do, force a brush on you? :P

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dad

you want me to grow up and have control of my life or want me to always be controlled by others and never evolve into a mature capable adult

i cant learn to be my own man if i cant make my own choices so i will not let u make choices for me anymore

those things u describe are abuse and assault and he could get in alotta legal trouble so u do hold all the cards

but try to talk to hiom and not force a confrontatio but if he insists on 1 remember the laws are on your side and there to protect you

--
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts

being half black sounds like it will help with the dreading up.

but really, you're an A student. You do everything he asks, so he should let you have some control over your life. Tell him to let you make mistakes. He's not your drill sergeant, he's your dad. He shouldn't be beating you. Or controlling you.

Isn't he setting you up for failure if you can't control your life? He won't be there forever, so how can you learn to do things on your own when he's gone?

Just things to think about lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

tell him that statisticly your a prime candidate fo9r suicide because of exactly what hes doing to you the total lack of control of youir own lofe

this causes many straight a perfect student teens to feel they have control over just 1 thing in life and that is wether they keep living or not and that dreading is very therapuedic to ppl giving them self confidence and strength and u need it

i mean not to play a guilt trip but thats just the truth ive dealt with so many kids in your situation

your dad needs anger management therapy

--
Kyle
@kyle
14 years ago
14 posts
Eventually your are going to have to break out of that shell. Dreads can be seen and interpretted possibly by your father as something counter to his belief yet it is a direct representation of yourself inside. Keep in mind you'll soon be 18 and forced with your own decisions anyways. Maybe educate him more on them and talk more about the subject.
Jacob Laster
@jacob-laster
14 years ago
22 posts
I just want to say thank you to everyone, I've decided that i will be starting my neglect today. I will go a month or two without looking then i will take pictures and post on here. i thank you for your help and I look forward to the advice i will need in the fjuture.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form