Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

to cut or not to cut?

dan o
@dan-o
14 years ago
3 posts
some times i think it would be eaiser just to have normal hair, eaiser for swimming, showers, jobs, but i am attatched to my dreads(or maybe they are to me)(or both), i have had them for about ten years and they do hang around the toilet seat .lol... im thinking maybe i just cut the in half and keep some long ones attached, . i wonder if i own the dreads or they own me.i love having dreads but sometimes i feel people sterotyping me, puting me in a catorgory, "oh you must smoke weed cause of your hair"... well i used to but not for a long tme now......i dont really care what people think, but sometimes i do.my dreads are apart of me but not who i am , wich sometimes people confuse.any ways, just share'n my thoughts.theres a pic (if it worked, seems to take ages to download) about a years old-dan.
updated by @dan-o: 02/15/15 07:15:56AM
dan o
@dan-o
14 years ago
3 posts
pic
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Judging by your pic are you in a band? If so your dreads should be there every performance to rock wild wit you bruh, its music and music has no boundaries nor neccesarily conformities. Sometimes people do need a change though, and sounds like perhaps after ten years you have ran the gamut of why you got dreads in the first place. This im sure happens to some of us.It is true that people can and will sterotype you, but realistically everyone is a sterotype in some way, but doesnt mean u have to give a damn. I have been jokingly called a steotype numerous times because i am of african american descent and LOVE fried chicken, grape soda, and watermelon. So what if i do? I also wear white wife beaters and read LOTR once a year every year and own all six starwars on dvd. So doesnt mean im some hood rat sellin some crack cause i dont know how to work a 9 to 5. Looks are judged first but always decieving. Dig what im saying? Point being, we as people should never change who we are because of others, unless it is a positive moral change that is. Good luck in ur decision.
Conner Hannon
@conner-hannon
14 years ago
27 posts
Nice Gibson Les Paul Voodoo. Those are sick lol. Anyway you should try trimming them and see what happens.
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts
i very much like your hair!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mine are more then twice that long and get stepped on but theres no way in hell id ever even trim i dont care if the get to 20 feet long id nevrr cut em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dudeyour profile says u used wax..and only wash twice a yearnowonder u want to cutwax is gross and traps dirt..never washing well they gotta be a mess u need to wash dreads and u never want wax in themim against cutting dreads but in this case it probly would be best to start over right and leep em clean and wax freebut its not nesacary although saving them will take effortu need to get the wax out (no it never washes out especialy if u never wash u still got wax in there from 10 years ago gauranteed) and then i would do a series of the baking soda deep cleanses to get the dreads very cleanthen id do a mold treatment cause im sure with how lil u washed and how long u had wax in them theyre must be nasty inside (not meant to offend just a fact)when they are good and clean and free of nasty wax and mold then im sure u will never want to cut themu worry about stereotypes but u have been a stereotype of the dirty dreads that never get washed.. wash your drerads and ppl will stop treating u that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
14 years ago
71 posts
thundersquall i love you for this post

Thundersquall said:
Judging by your pic are you in a band? If so your dreads should be there every performance to rock wild wit you bruh, its music and music has no boundaries nor neccesarily conformities. Sometimes people do need a change though, and sounds like perhaps after ten years you have ran the gamut of why you got dreads in the first place. This im sure happens to some of us.

It is true that people can and will sterotype you, but realistically everyone is a sterotype in some way, but doesnt mean u have to give a damn. I have been jokingly called a steotype numerous times because i am of african american descent and LOVE fried chicken, grape soda, and watermelon. So what if i do? I also wear white wife beaters and read LOTR once a year every year and own all six starwars on dvd. So doesnt mean im some hood rat sellin some crack cause i dont know how to work a 9 to 5. Looks are judged first but always decieving. Dig what im saying? Point being, we as people should never change who we are because of others, unless it is a positive moral change that is. Good luck in ur decision.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts

I love grape soda & watermelon too Thundersquall! ;o)

Thundersquall said:

Judging by your pic are you in a band? If so your dreads should be there every performance to rock wild wit you bruh, its music and music has no boundaries nor neccesarily conformities. Sometimes people do need a change though, and sounds like perhaps after ten years you have ran the gamut of why you got dreads in the first place. This im sure happens to some of us.

It is true that people can and will sterotype you, but realistically everyone is a sterotype in some way, but doesnt mean u have to give a damn. I have been jokingly called a steotype numerous times because i am of african american descent and LOVE fried chicken, grape soda, and watermelon. So what if i do? I also wear white wife beaters and read LOTR once a year every year and own all six starwars on dvd. So doesnt mean im some hood rat sellin some crack cause i dont know how to work a 9 to 5. Looks are judged first but always decieving. Dig what im saying? Point being, we as people should never change who we are because of others, unless it is a positive moral change that is. Good luck in ur decision.
Dave2
@dave2
14 years ago
71 posts

"my dreads are a part of me but not who I am, Which sometimes people confuse"

the exact reason John Butler(john butler trio) gave for cuttings his off.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form