Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Maintenance?!

Katrina Randall
@katrina-randall
14 years ago
32 posts
I used the twist and rip method.However, the tips are coming apart and my roots are very loose.I'm more concerned about the tips though.They look like my normal, silky-type hair.How do I fix this besides just leaving it alone?I'm afraid it will loosen the whole dread itself.Or maybe combine with the tip of another dread.Also, I have this empty patch in the back.It's awkward looking. There's no dread there.I didn't section my dreads evenly.I just randomly grabbed sections and TnR'd.It's just really not nice looking.Any advice? Thanks :)
updated by @katrina-randall: 01/13/15 08:51:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
leave em alone get the rubber bands out the tips are better off loose the roots will be loose for months just leave emj alonethe back well as u seperate u will get loose hairs filling gaps and those will become new dreads evebntuallythe tips will never combine all combining will happen at the rootstips are better if left loosestop worrying enjoy your dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Sounds exactly like mine. I did t&r 8 months ago and its crazy how many changes they go through. I still have ends in the very front that are loose and like my regular hair but it seems like they are finally starting to dread right. But basically my dreads started out nice and long..I've lost over half of my hairs length..they bunched up for awhile and looked like clumps at one point. I was freaking out..but now they finally look like real dreads. They are short little nubs. Oh..I also had a kind of "empty" spot too on the back of my head but like SE said, it will fix itself..especially when the dreads you have get thicker. I was getting so angry with my hair between months 4-6..I even considered combing them out because they just looked so bad. I will post up a whole entry with pictures of my journey so far eventually so other t&rs can see the changes. Whatever you do..do not comb them out, re twist and rip, backcomb..or anything else you may think of. Just leave them alone and I promise it will work out. I started out with very thin very straight hair..So I know it'll work for anyone.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form