Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What shampoo/wash do YOU use?? :O

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I just wanna see all the different answers, lately I've gone back to BS and essential oils...but I'm still getting dandruff (o well). I'm going to search for some Dr. Bonners soon.But yeah....what shampoo/wash method do YOU use on your baby/mature Dreads :)
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 05:42:39AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do u do the acv after?if not thats whyi use baking soda acv oils and follow with mayleessuper pampering makes em feel amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gene Thompson
@gene-thompson
14 years ago
29 posts
As of late, Maylee's garden vegan soaps, on the dread shop link. She makes quality soaps for locks, worth checking out.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I actually do wanna try one of those out, someone give me the link, please and thank you :)

Gene Thompson said:
As of late, Maylee's garden vegan soaps, on the dread shop link. She makes quality soaps for locks, worth checking out.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I tried the ACV but....it doesn't work to well :(

soaringeagle said:
do u do the acv after?
if not thats why

i use baking soda acv oils and follow with maylees

super pampering makes em feel amazing
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
i use maylees and do a BS wash twice a month. I rinse my shampoo out for soo long and still when I use the baking soda there's leftover suds in there from previous washes! makes me wonder what would happen if I didn't do the BS wash!?
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
14 years ago
71 posts
where can i get instructions for making the ACV? i did a baking soda wash a little over a week ago but i did not do the ACV and i didn't feel it had as great of an effect as everyone says it doessince then i bought a rosemary and peppermint 99.9% natural burt's bees bar and have used it once. smells good but now because of naturalwomyn's comment i'm afraid somehow there could be suds in my locks, even though mine aren't nearly as mature or long as hers
Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts
I use Aubrey Organics Tea Tree Clarifying Shampoo. Love it. No crap, all organic, no residue.In between washes I spray my hair with a mix of water, rosemary essential oil and sweet orange essential oil.I wash every 5-10 days.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Damn I wish I could go 10 days no wash, my hair would lock up so quick!But I have to find some kinda wash for my hair!Because these little flakes in mi hair, just ain't working.

Cage Free said:
I use Aubrey Organics Tea Tree Clarifying Shampoo. Love it. No crap, all organic, no residue.
In between washes I spray my hair with a mix of water, rosemary essential oil and sweet orange essential oil.

I wash every 5-10 days.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Rinsing with cold cold water helps with dandruff, and I recently started adding patchouli oil to my BS wash (along with my tea tree, lavender, and rosemary oils) which I read helps with dandruff. Its pretty potent stuff (personally I love the smell of patchouli) and I have noticed a nice decrease in dandruff for myself.
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form