Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two months in and loving the loopiness!

Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
Hi, all! Have LOVED this site for great information! Super fun to read what everyone thinks and I love seeing all the pictures!! Very inspiring!!! There's lots of info on what NOT to do (which is great!) ... would love a little more info on the process!! My head is one crazy, lovely mess of loopiness and I just want to make sure it's all good to go! Thanks for any thoughts you have on this! Most of the pics I posted are of the first day (after backcombing) and a handful were taken at one month, and a couple just today (at two months). Many blessings!!!
updated by @dolly: 02/14/15 09:02:14AM
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts
Wow! You're really beautiful! Dreads fit you so well already; I can't wait to see how yours' progress.As far as loops they're a good sign, it means your hair is dreading. In most cases they smooth out as dreads mature and lock up, bu my understanding is that you'll most likely always have some loops. Which is good, because they keep dreads individual, and unique to you!Anyway, Glad you have joined us here, we're glad to have you!
Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
Oh, thanks so much!!! It's good to know that the loops mean they're going in the right direction!! It seems like every day my hair is gathering more and more into itself. Cool! Thanks again for your encouragement! LOVE yours, too!!!

Rachel Adelle said:
Wow! You're really beautiful! Dreads fit you so well already; I can't wait to see how yours' progress.

As far as loops they're a good sign, it means your hair is dreading. In most cases they smooth out as dreads mature and lock up, bu my understanding is that you'll most likely always have some loops. Which is good, because they keep dreads individual, and unique to you!
Anyway, Glad you have joined us here, we're glad to have you!
Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
You guys are all so inspiring!!! Thank you so much!!!

K. Moonheart said:
You're so pretty! and your hair looks fantastic already :) welcome!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they look amazing the loops will cause alotta shrinking tho so be warned u wil lose alot of length..possibly more then u could imagine hahathey look awesome tho and your definately on the right track just be sure they stay seperated and dont eat eacother and yoir good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
Wonderful!! Thanks for the scoop! No one that I talked to mentioned the loops or that even being a part of the process, so for the first month, I kept trying to back comb them and palm roll them away. Duh!!! ;) Anyway, it sure feels good to let them have their process and it's going MUCH faster now that I've decided to leave them to do their thing. Yeah, have lost a ton of length already! You're doing a great job of making information available and accessible. Thanks for that!!!
HendrixMama
@hendrixmama
14 years ago
61 posts
Your hair is looking great! I just started a couple weeks ago and I'm just starting to get some loops yay! Noticed you are from bend... me too!
Kyra Lou
@kyra-lou
14 years ago
17 posts
Yay! They're looking gorgeous! I'm a little over a month in and the loops are starting to get going on my mane too! Gotta' love them; they're a lot of fun!
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
wow! i wish i had all that hair. really amazing.
Dolly
@dolly
14 years ago
49 posts
Ha! What a great, small world!!! Your hair looks like it's coming along beautifully ... and your three kids are so dang cute!!! If you're ever able to get out and like yoga, come to Asmi and enjoy a free class ... it's on me!! ;) I'd love to meet you!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form