Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

adding hair from the misses...

sings songs and plants seeds
@sings-songs-and-plants-seeds
14 years ago
13 posts
Ok guys had my dreads for about 6 months now and they are coming along OK.... but i love them, but they are much skinnier then i was hoping due to me having kinda fine hair... here is my question my girlfriend has super thick long hair that falls out a ton in the hair brush whenever she combs... would it be a bad idea to palm roll some it into my dreads?? I love the idea of taking her with me wherever i go, and it would really help thicken my dreads but wil this cause issues?? dont want to have to cut due to me making some stupid mistake, wanna keep these bad boys for life :) thanks in advance guys for any input :)
updated by @sings-songs-and-plants-seeds: 01/13/15 08:50:54PM
14 years ago
13 posts
my applogies for putting this in the wrong section....
Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts
i dont think id ever be able to do that lol but i couldnt see why itd hurt at all. are you ganna tie them in??
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
1 thinness of haor domnt mean thinness of dreads dread size is determined by section size only2 youir going natural so the thyickenning stage at 6 months might just be beginning3 a handfull of hair wont thicken them much at all4 if they do thicken the new growth will still be thin5 u can add hair but more for sentimental value then thickening

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
14 years ago
13 posts
All and all it's prolly not the best idea I guess, thanks for the advice I was just curious mostly of anyone had ever done such a thing.

soaringeagle said:
1 thinness of haor domnt mean thinness of dreads dread size is determined by section size only 2 youir going natural so the thyickenning stage at 6 months might just be beginning3 a handfull of hair wont thicken them much at all4 if they do thicken the new growth will still be thin5 u can add hair but more for sentimental value then thickening
Beksta
@beksta
14 years ago
22 posts
You may have some difficulty keeping her hair in your locks for some time (won't matt-in properly for ages). I used to have a couple different people's hair in my locks - people who meant a lot to me. I had used two dreadlock end from friends with locks themselves (we swapped) and sewed them onto the ends of our own locks, and one friend gave me a few strands of her hair which i weaved into one of my locks lol
Steph
@steph
14 years ago
16 posts
I dont really have any practical imput, but i think it's a lovely idea and if my boyfriend had dreads i'd definately suggest we swapped one!
RBN
@rbn
14 years ago
50 posts
I am not sure that number 1 is very true. my sections are quite big but the dreads arent too thick.

soaringeagle said:
1 thinness of haor domnt mean thinness of dreads dread size is determined by section size only
2 youir going natural so the thyickenning stage at 6 months might just be beginning
3 a handfull of hair wont thicken them much at all
4 if they do thicken the new growth will still be thin
5 u can add hair but more for sentimental value then thickening
14 years ago
13 posts

Knottysleeves said:
Palmrolling her hair into yours won't do anything. Basically you're adding extension hair, which needs to be dreaded up first and then attached securely (either by sewing or crocheting) to existing dreads that are mature enough to hold the extension. 6 months is still a bit early for that.
Just wanted to make sure i was clear wasnt trying to add it for length, just palmroll the hair in for thickness. Prolly not gonna do it, but was kinda a intrigueing idea.
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

the dreads end up being the size of the section due to the hair that sheds and becomes caught in the dread. i want to add some of my husbands hair to mine but im not sure how to do it.

sings songs and plants seeds said:

Knottysleeves said:
Palmrolling her hair into yours won't do anything. Basically you're adding extension hair, which needs to be dreaded up first and then attached securely (either by sewing or crocheting) to existing dreads that are mature enough to hold the extension. 6 months is still a bit early for that.

Just wanted to make sure i was clear wasnt trying to add it for length, just palmroll the hair in for thickness. Prolly not gonna do it, but was kinda a intrigueing idea.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form